Ezlink topup cheat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulman

Jan 10, 2004
Mother Earth
Please let me know if any of you or your friends have encounter this before..??

My colleague recently tried to topup $10 in Raffles MRT ticketing counter. Apparently, the card was not topup with the $10 she paid.

And upon questioning Ezlink hotlink. They apparently found out that the card was not updated with the new value. However, they claimed that it's a company policy of non-refund in this case. And it's the responsibility of my colleague to check and ask for the receipt.

The only thing that they will do (as they claimed) was that they will lodge a complain in the staff personal file of the lady who was at the counter serving my colleague then.

Just a lesson for you felllows out there please make sure you ensure that the card is updated with the new value b4 leaving the counter.

Cheers,
:devil:

I will make a police report if I were you. It seems like a case of cheating.

Unfortunately, unless your friend has proof that she actually paid the $10 to top up, its a case of her word against MRT's word whether she actaully paid or not.

however if she has evidence that there was payment, MRT cannot say that the customer has to check the card AT THE COUNTER and is not responsible otherwise.

vince123123 said:
Unfortunately, unless your friend has proof that she actually paid the $10 to top up, its a case of her word against MRT's word whether she actaully paid or not.

however if she has evidence that there was payment, MRT cannot say that the customer has to check the card AT THE COUNTER and is not responsible otherwise.

I agree fully on her word against Ezlink. Don't think she's asking for compensation. It's also partly her fault for not checking before leaving the counter. In anycase,She just want to let eveyone knows about this so hopefully no one else will encounter this.

vince123123 said:

Seems like it happend at the EZ-link counter with cashiers & not at the machine?
If so, there should be a closed-circuit camera up there.

The fact that your complaint will be entered in the concerned staff's p file is a factor to be considered by the police. By lodging a police report, you are not obligated to produce evidence. That's for the police to do. All Transitlink customer service counters are monitored by cameras.

The next qn to consider is whether there is even a criminal act being conducted here. there is a difference between negligence and cheating.

cheers

reachme2003 said:
The fact that your complaint will be entered in the concerned staff's p file is a factor to be considered by the police. By lodging a police report, you are not obligated to produce evidence. That's for the police to do. All Transitlink customer service counters are monitored by cameras.

mu grandma encountered this b4.. top up 10 bucks... in the end only 5 inside.. haiZ~... these pppl... would even stoop to a 5bucks change and ruin their whole future...

dumb asses... :dunno:

wah...which MRT station?

i tot there will be an annoucement saying "$10 dollar added" or something like that?

i now GIRO link my card already..so never go Q and top up

yo soulman!

actually I tot MRT doesn't normally issue receipts anyway rite? So its not your fren's fault that she doesn't have the receipt? and it is a case of cheating cuz now there's a missing ten bucks somewhere, and there is a chance its in the counter girl's pocket. its quite impossible for her not to add 10 bucks to the card, so either it was an intentional move on her part not to add 10 bucks and pocket the money (cheating) or she did add 10 bucks but the system kok up (Ezlink company is then legally liable cuz they are breaking the contract set up when you paid the money). and they can't say its your fren's fault for not getting a receipt, cuz you enter the deal as a willing buyer/ seller, you gave money, they ACCEPTED the money so the contract is established, but they didn't deliver the goods, so its their mistake not fulfilling the contract. I suggest you fren write in to ST forum, much more effective, then wait for the authorities to get back to her, rather than write to authorities directly.

Wai said:
wah...which MRT station?

i tot there will be an annoucement saying "$10 dollar added" or something like that?

i now GIRO link my card already..so never go Q and top up

She was in raffles station. And yap! there should be a annoucement but she was rushing off and never notice it. That makes her partly at fault. :kok:

writing to the press would probably have more effect then thru legal channels in this factual situation :)

hoppinghippo said:
yo soulman!

actually I tot MRT doesn't normally issue receipts anyway rite? So its not your fren's fault that she doesn't have the receipt? and it is a case of cheating cuz now there's a missing ten bucks somewhere, and there is a chance its in the counter girl's pocket. its quite impossible for her not to add 10 bucks to the card, so either it was an intentional move on her part not to add 10 bucks and pocket the money (cheating) or she did add 10 bucks but the system kok up (Ezlink company is then legally liable cuz they are breaking the contract set up when you paid the money). and they can't say its your fren's fault for not getting a receipt, cuz you enter the deal as a willing buyer/ seller, you gave money, they ACCEPTED the money so the contract is established, but they didn't deliver the goods, so its their mistake not fulfilling the contract. I suggest you fren write in to ST forum, much more effective, then wait for the authorities to get back to her, rather than write to authorities directly.

now its 10 bucks for his fren, next time it could be 50 bucks for someone else! so its good to highlight in the presses! pressure them to do something about it!

soulman said:
Please let me know if any of you or your friends have encounter this before..??

My colleague recently tried to topup $10 in Raffles MRT ticketing counter. Apparently, the card was not topup with the $10 she paid.

And upon questioning Ezlink hotlink. They apparently found out that the card was not updated with the new value. However, they claimed that it's a company policy of non-refund in this case. And it's the responsibility of my colleague to check and ask for the receipt.

The only thing that they will do (as they claimed) was that they will lodge a complain in the staff personal file of the lady who was at the counter serving my colleague then.

Just a lesson for you felllows out there please make sure you ensure that the card is updated with the new value b4 leaving the counter.

Cheers,
:devil:

FYI, EZlink is part of LTA and is not operating the ticketing counter at MRT station, so therefore the victim should bring the matter to TransitLink instead of Ezlink.

EZlink just makes the card, hence they probably can only lodge a complaint to transitlink.

I got my share of cheating...
It was then with the Tansitlink cards.
At Bugis MRT.
I gave 20$, but only 10$ was recorded.
Went thru the gate, realised that only got 10$.
Went out & back to the counter.
Told the cashier that I gave 20$.
Then she willingly added 10 more $.
No questions asked.
Wondered if that was accidental or intentional.

But they too got their fair share of cheating from me... Transitlink... 1st button can already. ;)

RuthBaby said:
its so much of a hassel to queue at the counter
i rather do it at their nets booth... touch screen.. farking fast :bigeyes:

I use GIRO link, top up automatically, no need to Q at all or worry that value low when you board the bus

but now i never keep track of how much i top up per mth...hopefully the machine dun cheat me....

Status
Not open for further replies.