EZ-link NOT easy!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke-u-pine

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Took a bus from Far East Plaza to the Heeren.

the reader had an error, so paid the maximum fare
for that short ride!

so troublesome to get refund too!

sickening!;(

hi Adam

I will be calling their stupid toll-free no.
tomorrow to make noise!

will relate the experience in this thread when
I've done so

[prob be a bad one]

The EZ-link system doesn’t allow the commuter to cheat by paying lesser in fare, but it allows the bus companies to cheat by charging more.

So much for a world class transport system.

The cost of everything is going up... from taxes to transport cost, to even a drink at a kopitiam... So when is my boss gonna increase my salary?

that's why I stick to giro fare card.don't have to queue, it will top-up automatically.

Originally posted by ninelives
that's why I stick to giro fare card.don't have to queue, it will top-up automatically.

The Giro farecard will cost you more every ride. S$0.02 cents if I'm not mistaken.

Very smart way, pinch S$0.02 cents here, another S$0.02 cents there, within one year, their shareholders will see another 1 millioin in revenues.

I hate the EZlink because it is quite obvious it was designed by people who don't take public transport everyday...

Originally posted by JerChan

The Giro farecard will cost you more every ride. S$0.02 cents if I'm not mistaken.

Very smart way, pinch S$0.02 cents here, another S$0.02 cents there, within one year, their shareholders will see another 1 millioin in revenues.

queue up = time

time = money

time = can't buy.

$0.02 = nothing to me

I have seen a passenger who was charged S$3.00 for a short ride.

he was trying to exit from the back door when the reader keep giving error. but in fact, he actually tapped twice, so the card already checked-out and then when he tapped the second time, it will give error.

he keep trying until he gave up and go to the front door and tap the reader thinking that he can also check out using that machine. This time there isn't any error of cos, but then he actually charged $1.50 more and the driver was also suprised when he tapped the card at the check-in reader and then alight from the bus at the front door.

actually u need to ask the driver to switch the reader at the front door to check-out mode then u can alight from there....the designer of this stupid machine should have make this process automatic

Yeah, but what the alternatives? Your transitlink farecard? That's going to be phased out come September.

But still, that $0.02 cents is going to be cheaper than paying full fares once in a while. e.g the 80 cents extra that you pay = 160 times 2 cents! That's a lot of bus/train rides.

Better still, use coins. Cho-cho them back. Pay that extra 10 cents in cash. And rest assured that you will NEVER be charged the full fare anywhere you go. :)

Originally posted by rochkoh
Yeah, but what the alternatives? Your transitlink farecard? That's going to be phased out come September.

But still, that $0.02 cents is going to be cheaper than paying full fares once in a while. e.g the 80 cents extra that you pay = 160 times 2 cents! That's a lot of bus/train rides.

Better still, use coins. Cho-cho them back. Pay that extra 10 cents in cash. And rest assured that you will NEVER be charged the full fare anywhere you go. :)

I intend to do that after they phase out the fare cards :bsmilie: Anyway i end up with heaps of coins after 1 day of lunch and breakfast anyway.:D Anyway the new system isn't any more cheat proof than the last one. Wat a waste of $$$$.

queue up = time

time = money

time = can't buy.

$0.02 = nothing to me

S$0.02 might not be much, but if you were to take 6 buses in a day, everyday over a period of time. I stay at teacher's estate and have to be in Chai Chee every day. Waking up in the morning is demoralising enough, not to mention the wait for transport and the long journey... and now, the increase in fares.

I just buay song to let them make that money. The way the siphon us of our money, it seems as though they can bring all their riches with them when they die.

LIVE wif it !! ehe 1 day u r here 1 day u have to bear wif it, they consider too many ppl who doesnt mind the 0.02 cents, beside the complaint wasnt that much compare to ppl who take public tranport think again, when ezlink were started, is there any possible way u can say no? when they increase the fare, is there a way to stop them, no? the main point is that this is SG, one day u r here, u just have to take it and bear wif it, unless...... even opp party doesnt seem to do much in SG, not even chiam see tong tho hehe.....

Originally posted by sunyee
LIVE wif it !! ehe 1 day u r here 1 day u have to bear wif it, they consider too many ppl who doesnt mind the 0.02 cents, beside the complaint wasnt that much compare to ppl who take public tranport think again, when ezlink were started, is there any possible way u can say no? when they increase the fare, is there a way to stop them, no? the main point is that this is SG, one day u r here, u just have to take it and bear wif it, unless...... even opp party doesnt seem to do much in SG, not even chiam see tong tho hehe.....

I would rather give S$1 to the uncle selling tissue paper at Bedok hawker center then give any more to the public transport.

~Sigh...

I would rather give S$1 to the uncle selling tissue paper at Bedok hawker center then give any more to the public transport.

~Sigh...
u full of complaint.

k, called them to ask for refund ...

Recorded voice answered, was so loud
could hear it even if the phone was half
a metre away

The voice told me all customer service officers
were busy.
"Your call is important to us ..." *Ggrrrrr*

Anyway, took so long for someone to
attend to my call that the voice message
re-played more than 4 times ... voice ... music ...
voice ... music ...

aurgh

the officer who attended to me was rude and impatient

& asked if it was my "first time" calling - if it wasn't
my first time I would've shown my "ugly Singaporean
side" already!!!!!!!!

she asked my name, IC, etc - was quite grumpy when
I was spelling my name --> "E for England, is it?!"
she snapped at one point

then she condescendingly asked,
"So what was wrong? You FORGOT to tap the card, is it?"

Hmph!

HELLO!!!!!! The stupid machine got error!

anyway, she gave me an ELEVEN digit reference no.
which I'm supposed to quote when I go collect the
refund ... 11 digits?

11 things to remind me how unhappy I am about this incident

u full of complaint.

:) Too bad... Saving for DSLR, so every single cent adds up to dollars...

hehe...

they model this after the Hong Kong system(they call it "octopass" or something like that)... they even asked the same company that deployed the HK system to do it for singapore.....

But why is it that the system here is so bad??? Consider this.... in HK, you are charged a flat fee. what this means is that you only need to tap the card ONCE - when you board the transport.
Whereas here, you have to tap the card TWICE, once to deduct full fare and the second time to reimburse the unused fare..... which is where 99.999% of the public complaints lies.....

Trust these people to monkey-see-monkey do..... neber consider enuf.... i wonder how did this system even passed its trial phase???
They always take a system wholesale from other countries and try to implement it here, and add in their own con$ideration$... in the end making the system so bad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.