Ez-link $1.90 Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_liau

Oct 29, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hi,

This is not related to Photography, but I just hope to hear about your views on the EZ-link $1.90 cap issue.

This morning I called up SBS office to enquire about the $1.90 cap. Apparently I was told that the cap of $1.90 per journey in Singapore only applies if all the following criterias are made:-
a) Commuter is using EZ-link card,
b) Minmium of 4 SBS buses, (3 transfers),
c) Bus Transfer must not be more than 30mins, and
d) Only applicable on SBS buses.

On point (d), to qualify for the $1.90 cap, commuter can only use SBS buses. Transfers involves MRT or TIBS buses disqualify the cap.

Hmm.. any contructive views on this issue?

Originally posted by e_liau
Hi,

This is not related to Photography, but I just hope to hear about your views on the EZ-link $1.90 cap issue.

This morning I called up SBS office to enquire about the $1.90 cap. Apparently I was told that the cap of $1.90 per journey in Singapore only applies if all the following criterias are made:-
a) Commuter is using EZ-link card,
b) Minmium of 4 SBS buses, (3 transfers),
c) Bus Transfer must not be more than 30mins, and
d) Only applicable on SBS buses.

On point (d), to qualify for the $1.90 cap, commuter can only use SBS buses. Transfers involves MRT or TIBS buses disqualify the cap.

Hmm.. any contructive views on this issue?

IMHO, this cap is rather useless.
Most of the commuters would not take more than 4 buses at a go to a certain place, and since MRT/TIBS buses are not counted, that makes it even harder....

Originally posted by SNAG

IMHO, this cap is rather useless.
Most of the commuters would not take more than 4 buses at a go to a certain place, and since MRT/TIBS buses are not counted, that makes it even harder....

I agree with you.... it should be called the EZ-LINK $1.90 CRAP.... :bsmilie:

Hi,

Got a PM, asking me how I got the Ez-link $1.90 cap information from, because he/she coludn't find the info on the NET. Well for those interested to know about how this $1.90 cap is and the criterias for qualifying for one, you may call TransitLink hotmail at
1800-779-9366. Press "0" to talk to the customer services officers to check whether you are eligible for the $1.90 cap fare. Need to give you NRIC number and the EZ-link card number. With this two information, the officers will check through their computers to see whether you qualifyed for the crap, oophs, cap or not.

Originally posted by camerakit

I agree with you.... it should be called the EZ-LINK $1.90 CRAP.... :bsmilie:

for me, i need to take 2-3 bus trip from punggool to town, so this 1.90 crap may be useful for me

however, have to go queue up at transitlink office for the refund is the BIGGEST JOKE!!!

spend so much $$ on this EZ-link system and the computer can't even give u the refund automatically on the spot.....i won't have the time to queue up at the transitlink office during working hour just for that few cents of refund....

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

i am still using the old Giro farecard. i dunno why they ant to come out this ez-link. makes my wallet thicker.

Hi,

Need to give you NRIC number and the EZ-link card number. With this two information, the officers will check through their computers to see whether you qualifyed for the crap, oophs, cap or not.

OMG!!! Intrusion of privacy!!! We're being tracked our every movement. ;(

LTA's goin nuts !

Originally posted by skyflash

They have made an official statement rebuting that. The claim is that this is to ensure that each person buy at most one ez-link card with $2 discount.

Sure. Student cards are even worse.

Anyway, I still have not gotten my ezlink card yet. (*Throws daggers at whatever company supposed to make the darn cards*)

Wai, I'm afraid you may not be eligible for the $1.90 cap because the cap is for commuters who took a minimum of 4 SBS buses (3 effective transfer) per journey. Noted that your journey must be made on SBS buses and not MRT or TIBS.

Pls note those commuters who are eligible for the $1.90 cap, :-
(a) Reimbursements for journeys made between 1 Oct'02 to 17 Oct'02, at any Transitlink ticket office; and
(b) For journeys made there after (18 Oct-02 onwards), the reimbursement is automatically given through the EZ-link ( no need to go to the TransitLink Office).

In a little bottom left hand corner in today Straits Times, Home section, there's a small article with the heading "SBS returns excess fares". I quoted here one sentense ".. the $1.90 fare cap, intended to offset the public transport fare increases,..". I applaused SBS for the great understanding it gave to us, common people, who have to take public transport to work, and who are hit badly by the recent living standards bus hike etc. ..

I hope the revalent authorites can look into stretching the $1.90 cap journey to include transfer on MRT and TIBS buses too. I also hope that they don't place a limit on the number of transfers. Most commuters took about 2 transfers and that's probably include MRT transfer. And those living in the north which is served by TIBS buses, let them be eligible for this generous offer too.

Thinking aloud, does anyone here take more than 4 SBS buses to go from point A to point B?

Originally posted by Wai
for me, i need to take 2-3 bus trip from punggool to town, so this 1.90 crap may be useful for me

however, have to go queue up at transitlink office for the refund is the BIGGEST JOKE!!!

spend so much $$ on this EZ-link system and the computer can't even give u the refund automatically on the spot.....i won't have the time to queue up at the transitlink office during working hour just for that few cents of refund....

:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

To check if you are eligible for the reimbursement, you may also call another transitlink hotline on 1800-767-4333. This number is given together with the article posted in the Straits Times.

Originally posted by e_liau [/i

Hi,

Got a PM, asking me how I got the Ez-link $1.90 cap information from, because he/she coludn't find the info on the NET. Well for those interested to know about how this $1.90 cap is and the criterias for qualifying for one, you may call TransitLink hotmail at
1800-779-9366. Press "0" to talk to the customer services officers to check whether you are eligible for the $1.90 cap fare. Need to give you NRIC number and the EZ-link card number. With this two information, the officers will check through their computers to see whether you qualifyed for the crap, oophs, cap or not.

Wai, I'm afraid you may not be eligible for the $1.90 cap because the cap is for commuters who took a minimum of 4 SBS buses (3 effective transfer) per journey. Noted that your journey must be made on SBS buses and not MRT or TIBS.

from my house, i have to take bus 83 (15 min), then change to bus 82 (1hr 30min) and then change to 196/147 (30min). all of them are SBS bus, but if i am not wrong, the bus cap is only for communter who make UP TO 4 SBS buses within 2 hours, therefore even u only make one transfer also eligible

i am not sure if i can reach my destination within 2 hours....cos that exclude the waiting time for buses (esp during peak hours)

may be u can take a look at this...

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/whatsnew_01oct2002.asp

hmm..or did they change the terms and conditions recently???

Great. Wai, thanks for your clarification.

I called up the Transitlink hotline again to clarification my doubts again. This time round, I'm told the following:-
(a) Presently, the $1.90 cap is only applicable for up to 4 SBS trips (or 3 valid transfer) within 2 hours (including transfer time).
(b) Cap only apply to truck and feeder SBS services. Do not include "Express" SBS services.
(c) No information available on linking cap with MRT or TIBS services yet.

I ask for a written page on the internet and was told that this website still applies. (thanks, Wai)

:light: I guess calling up the hotline and talking to the different customer services officers can be misleading. Or is it my ears are getting old? Anyway, the best way for me is to get a written copy and read it myself, to save all those miscommunication and mis-interpretation problem. :(

Oophs, gonna be late for my class again. Cheers.

Kudo to SBS. :D

Originally posted by Wai

from my house, i have to take bus 83 (15 min), then change to bus 82 (1hr 30min) and then change to 196/147 (30min). all of them are SBS bus, but if i am not wrong, the bus cap is only for communter who make UP TO 4 SBS buses within 2 hours, therefore even u only make one transfer also eligible

i am not sure if i can reach my destination within 2 hours....cos that exclude the waiting time for buses (esp during peak hours)

may be u can take a look at this...

hmm..or did they change the terms and conditions recently???

I think it is pretty rediculous and they are not sincere at all, it is just a wayang exercise.....

3 transfers ? how many people needs to take 3 transfers ??

Kudo to SBS. :D

I am of the opinion that this is but a cheap attempt to boost public preception of sbs.

Come on lah, who's gonna take 4 SBS buses, spend over $1.90 all within 2 MISERABLE hours??

Originally posted by Zoomer

I am of the opinion that this is but a cheap attempt to boost public preception of sbs.

Come on lah, who's gonna take 4 SBS buses, spend over $1.90 all within 2 MISERABLE hours??

Well, it's definitely possible to spend more than $1.90 in a transfer.... but I guess the possibility of this 3 transfer thing is way way remote.

True....guess things backfire...
lolz...
No singaporean likes the idea of ez-link....i hate it utterly...~

sure need 4 buses ?
because just now at the central, I saw the "example", the example only show 2 transfers (meaning take 3 bus) ???

Hump...~

4 transfers within that time?

hahaha - whoever qualifies for the refund will be
suffering from motion sickness ... in no condition to
dial the hotline to get refund

Status
Not open for further replies.