Eyesight getting worse after starting photography??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeowww

Mar 6, 2004
Somewhere out there
Have been actively shooting since the acquisition of the D70 in Mar 04.

notice that my right eye is getting bad.

I am already a specky since many years and have stablilised at 225 deg. Last month went for health screening found that my right eye got worse (donno how much, havent go check yet) but my left still unchanged (at 225deg)

anyone experienced (ing) the same??

will changing new specs lens to nikon help ???? :bsmilie:

already my frame is a Nikon :thumbsup:

Yeowww said:

I am already a specky since many years and have stablilised at 225 deg. Last month went for health screening found that my right eye got worse (donno how much, havent go check yet) but my left still unchanged (at 225deg)

yes, i'm turning blind esp. with all that flashing!

by the way, is ur spectacles lenses oso nikkor? u mentioned frame...

i was thinking of doin a Nikon lens for my spectacles. wat's the price like?

Yeowww said:

Yah lor..... my eye sight is so bad now that I can also use the LCD screen. There should be a warning at the back of every camera that says " Photography is hazardous to your eyesight."

If you're using a Canon you should stick to Canon lens for your specs lah.

Cheesecake said:

only my titanium frame is a Nikon. Just checked out the price for Nikon Hi-Index - about S$160 for a pair of 225 degrees lens.

a bit ex la. a pair of essilor cost S$100

Yeowww said:

TIP: switch to ur left eye lor.
joking.

Anyway I dont believe that shooting with ur right eye often will cause the eye sight to worsen.
I am a specky too.

There are many pro photographers shooting whose shooting experience is longer than my current Lifespan, and yet having perfect eye sight.

Winston said:
TIP: switch to ur left eye lor.
joking.

Anyway I dont believe that shooting with ur right eye often will cause the eye sight to worsen.
I am a specky too.

There are many pro photographers shooting whose shooting experience is longer than my current Lifespan, and yet having perfect eye sight.

i know it don apply to all people.

just that i dread that 1 day, my left eye power is too much of a diff with my right.

and also, i rather spend the money on Camera lenses than my specs' lens. :)

just an OT...but related to eye health.

do anyone have 'floaters' that float around ur eyes? they are like squiggly strings that float in ur eyesight, know what i mean?

what are those? and are they an indication of bad eye health?

My dad had floaters in one of his eyes after his cataract-removal operation. Doc said nothing could be done about it and it would be a lifelong condition... just small particles floating in the fluid inside the eyeball... if you've just suddenly observed this, better go see an eye doc la, eyes don't play play...

dont have leh, my eyesight still perfect

maybe cause i use primes, never use flash at all :D

Yeowww, did you wink too much with your right eye on girls on the street??? ;)

binbeto said:
Could be due to long hours of surfing CS and DPreview. :bsmilie:

His left eye is ok woh, he doesn't surf the net with only the right eye, right? yeah, prolonged time on net surfing can be detrimental to eye's health.

Actually, from what my optometrist said, your eyesight can get worse from using a camera too much. This is because when you look through the viewfinder, some people actually strain their eyes to look at the image inside. If you don't allow some rest at appropriate times, your eyes will get blurry from over-straining sometimes.

Interesting thread

Since it is related to photography, I moved it to General, Reviews, Tech Talk

I have no issue for my eyesights while photographing. When my eyes feel tired, usually I will open 2 eyes to look thru the viewfinder. Just like firing M16 :D

Stereobox said:
just an OT...but related to eye health.

do anyone have 'floaters' that float around ur eyes? they are like squiggly strings that float in ur eyesight, know what i mean?

what are those? and are they an indication of bad eye health?

yes, i have them too. checked with SNEC recently thru polyclinic first. after examination, the advice given to me was that, generally speaking, floaters by themselves are harmless. however, if there is a sudden deteroriation or substantial increase, make an appointment with an eye doctor asap.

jasphotography said:
Yeowww, did you wink too much with your right eye on girls on the street??? ;)

nowadays i don wink at girls on the street. with my D70, I walk up to them and says 'u r pretty, can i take a photo of u' .. this way more fruitful. :bsmilie:

Yeowww said:
nowadays i don wink at girls on the street. with my D70, I walk up to them and says 'u r pretty, can i take a photo of u' .. this way more fruitful. :bsmilie:

You are exploiting your D70 in exchanged for some cheap smiles :nono: :thumbsd:

Admin, deregister Yeowww now for unethical exploitation!!! :bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:

Just image how much flashing those who are on stage are receiving and they got to open their eyes. If we are near, we got to be considerate and use bounce instead of direct powerful flash. some photogs use big fat powerful flash!

binbeto said:
Could be due to long hours of surfing CS and DPreview. :bsmilie:

What about those who shoot GPMG style and got a few hundred shots each time and shooting RAW even - end up spending hours in post-processing if not days to do it. :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

Yes... i think there is some effects...

My right eye sees everything warmer and my left eye sees everything cooler. Maybe try with a zoom lens on your left and right eye and see if you have this syndrome too.....
:)

Currently, I am switching between the 2 eyes... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.