Eyesight Deteriorating due to photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
I found that recently after shoots, my left eye gets blurred. (I shoot with my right eye). Is it due to the strain of closing my left eye?? Or like I heard, the 'lazy eye syndrome'..

The vision slowly regains and recovers by the next day.. will it slowly become permanent??

Anybody has any clues??

try open both eye to shoot or use a blindfold to cover your left eye.

That's what my instructor taught us during Sniper course...but i prefer to open both eyes cos wearing a blind fold looks funny....

I feel that open both eye and shoot is more accurate, if u have to close your left eye...not only that it will strain your left eye, but because the extra muscle that is moving, your aiming may be off as sometimes u may close your eye tight, some time loose.

yes, that's how sensitive a sniper rifle is

Ya... i was thinking of getting a blindfold... u know the ones which gun shooters use at competitions... they don't look so odd.. anybody knows where to get them??

Originally posted by willyfoo
Ya... i was thinking of getting a blindfold... u know the ones which gun shooters use at competitions... they don't look so odd.. anybody knows where to get them??

ask captian hood

yes...i mean those blind fold which 'pirates' like to use

if gun shooter use blind fold at competitions still look fine...

but if u wear a blind fold and go out take photo......

anyway, it is better to train your eye to shoot with both open lor...in fact, a sniper should use both eye to shoot, or at least only close the left eye just before firing...

cos u need the left eye to look out for enemy and look at the surrounding of the target area....u cannot move the rifle around once it is positioned

Originally posted by kamwai

anyway, it is better to train your eye to shoot with both open lor...in fact, a sniper should use both eye to shoot, or at least only close the left eye just before firing...

Hmm...I do agree on that...I shoot with both eyes open during ranges and living firing practices...less strain on my eyes

try not to use EVF too often ... like viewing a small TV in close distance and not good for the eyes

unlike scope is different .. it is made of optical glass and will only cause minor stress to the eyes.

With a camera with EVF, and using it almost exclusively.... THis is what I feel...

Sometimes, after viewing through the EVF for extended amount of time, before looking away, I get blured vision, which regains slowly in a few minutes.... I guess it's due to the eyes trying to focus on the tiny evf thats' so close to the eye, despite the help of the lens to help, I guess it'll still be very stressing for the eyes...

Originally posted by megaweb
try not to use EVF too often ... like viewing a small TV in close distance and not good for the eyes

unlike scope is different .. it is made of optical glass and will only cause minor stress to the eyes.

Agreed... I've shot something like 14000 shots with the Sony 707 already and I use almost exclusively the EVF... I do shoot with both eyes open when I wait... but when I compose and evaluate lighting, I close my left eye to concentrate on the exposure.

I suppose it's the constant heavy use of the EVF that may be bad for the eye.. I'm still trying to search for more concrete evidence on this.. anybody can find anything??

One thing not to overlook is long hours spent in front of computer monitors. This does more to wreck eyesight than using a camera will.

Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
gah, i spend practically half my life glued to the comp screen..... that should be bad right?

Get a GOOD LCD monitor.

Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
gah, i spend practically half my life glued to the comp screen..... that should be bad right?

Oh, you started looking at the computer screen since 9 years ago? (Just kidding,:D :D )

On a more serious note, you should spend about 10 minutes away looking or focusing other things for every 1 hour you spend in front of the comp screen or even your digicam.

Status
Not open for further replies.