EYE plans to go Penang

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
Hi all photo enthusiast,

We at "Eye e City" are planning a 3days/2nights photo trip to Penang over 1 long weekend (maybe Vesak day). FYI, the guys over at Nanyang Folk Culture in Penang statred this 24hr thingy, than we here in Singapore form this Eye thingy. This will be like a friendly photographic exchange trip.

We are currently liaising with tour agency. We hope to gather about 25-30 photog so as to book a coach. I will update the details later.

pls, a show of hands (er.. names), who wants to go (pls be more or less sure so things and be plan in advance)n thanks.

Raised Hands..

1. LOTUSfairy :lovegrin: (jotting onto diary..)

still in discussion with agency, will keep you guys updated.

so far, seems like vesak day fully book.

may consider a weekend in the month of june.

What's the estimation on the budget for this trip?

got a qoute for $250/pax, 3d/4n......

will try to get lower quote.

not likely to be vesak day weekend i think. maybe june hor.

Please count me in, Dennis! CHEERS!

Raised Hands..

1. LOTUSfairy :lovegrin: (jotting onto diary..)
2. Dream Merchant (Danged I would stay there a week or more if it weren't for my unpredictable schedules! LOL!)

Would be joining in if the date is right ;p

1. LOTUSfairy (jotting onto diary..)
2. Dream Merchant (Danged I would stay there a week or more if it weren't for my
unpredictable schedules! LOL!)
3. destiny86

1. LOTUSfairy (jotting onto diary..)
2. Dream Merchant (Danged I would stay there a week or more if it weren't for my
3. destiny86
4. khchang70

I'm interested to join but can we have more information; such as what is expected of us, cost etc...:)

1. LOTUSfairy (uhh, changed of date...me tbc, try to take if necessary...:cool:)
3. destiny86
4. khchang70

hi fellow eyes,

we are still looking for an agency that can provide a coach for the whole trip, from day departure all through return trip since all of us will have camera eqpts ($$$) on the coach while going across the custom. some agency needs us to change coach at jb.

inview of the long journey (about 10hr), we suggest to depart on thursday night, arrive at penang on friday morning, return on sunday morning so everybody can charge up for monday work. so we will require you to take 1 day annual leave on friday. tentative date for departure is on the 5th june. the cost, hotel, meals package will be updated later.

we are working with the guys from penang nan yang folk culture (the guys who initiated the last 24hr of the year photo shot project), likely we will have them give us a introduction of penang in both english and chinese. following that they will bring us out for photo shoot.

the objective of this trip is for the "eye" participants to explore and capture a different society and culture through the lens. imagine we are penang residents doing a "eye e city" shot, although it is not the last 24hr of the year, so the final output will still be black and white. the difference here is, "eye" is not providing the film for those feeling nostalgic.

when we are back, all trip participants will be requested, as in the real end of year "eye e city", to select 3 to 5 photos (tbc) for a "eye at penang photo sharing session" for all "eye e city" participants, difference here is no prints, only slide show through projector. the date for the session will be set after getting the consensus of the trip participants.

so keep eyeing this thread.;)

best regards
eye e city
dennis kee

1. LOTUSfairy (uhh, changed of date...me tbc, try to take if necessary...)
3. destiny86
4. khchang70
5. Mezzotint

i would like to join but will only meet u all at penang (my hometown there). is it ok?

arggh...during this period, my colleagues are taking leaves for overseas trip, which left me in charge of the entire operations...so i cannot go liao.. :cry:

we will be having a meeting tonight, will post more updates tomorrow. keep your eyes glue to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.