Eye-One Photo Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoomOn

Sep 21, 2005
Up North
Hi,
I have been thinking of buying an Eye-One Photo color calibration kit and wonder if anyone have any experience on it. At the same time, I have been thinking of cutting calibration cost down (or maybe recovering some of the cost of the kit I'll be investing).

Following is my plan and you are free to provide comments :

1. I will be providing free printer + paper calibration for print from photolabs. All you need to send a printed 8R color patches to me and I will calibrate it for free. Then the icc profile will be shared to all. The advantage is I don't have to spend on getting color patch prints and at the same time has the most updated printers profile so that I can send my photo for print :)

2. If you are interested to have your own printer + paper calibrated. Just send an A4 size color patches print to me and I calibrate for you. Of course at a cost. I will mail the icc profile to you directly. I have been thinking on charging at $5 to $10 for each calibration :think:

best regards
ZoomOn

I'm interested in 2). You can also package it so that you can get 4 profiles + 1 free or something like that. Reason is that for a set of inks + printer + paper combo, you need 1 icc. Normally, there is a need for 1 ink + 1 printer and 4-5 papers (art paper, matte, lustre, gloss, high gloss) of different brands.

ZoomOn said:
2. If you are interested to have your own printer + paper calibrated. Just send an A4 size color patches print to me and I calibrate for you. Of course at a cost. I will mail the icc profile to you directly. I have been thinking on charging at $5 to $10 for each calibration :think:

best regards
ZoomOn

10 bucks ?? wow, I was trying to offer free calibration to get the work flow for the different printers and I only got 1 response :)

maybe I'll try again after I clear my back logs, JSBN, yes... I still owe you 1 calibration :)

cheers

Free calibration?? I certainly missed the thread or I would have jumped at it. Where's the thread at now...?

My colour laser printer prints really weird colors - very very yellowish.....

rueyloon said:
10 bucks ?? wow, I was trying to offer free calibration to get the work flow for the different printers and I only got 1 response :)

maybe I'll try again after I clear my back logs, JSBN, yes... I still owe you 1 calibration :)

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.