Eye on the Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddymerckx

Feb 2, 2008
Hi All

I was at the Marina Barrage recently, shooting some sunset & night landscapes. Tried for a fresh approach on the oft-photographed icon, the Flyer and found this sculpture to frame it.

Settings:
ISO 100, f13 and 25secs.

PP:
Upped the contrast using Curves and cropped.

Area for C&C:
Composition.
Does the deliberately aligned framing work? Or does it feel too contrived?
I have another shot where the Flyer is offset and shot in vertical orientation. Would that work better?

20081113-DSC_7832.jpg

It's an interesting and good attempt, however the frame blocked out way too much of the cityscape. The sculpture is too thick I feel. I like how the Flyer stands almost right in the frame though, with another building within the frame of the Flyer.

may i suggest a square crop?

as it is now, the fountain on the right and landscape to the left is distracting.

also, too much empty black space liao.

interesting... really nice.. its definitely a good concept... but i find the 'gold ring' kinda dull due to the unpolished surface... maybe can do some touch up on the 'gold ring'... i was a little distracted by the fountains on the left bottom corner...

Dear All

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Besides the square crop, would this work instead?

20081113-DSC_7835.jpg

Mods, if posting of the second photo is a violation, pls let me know, I'll remove it.

looks nicer if the whole picture is in focus. you could have used a smaller aperture

Status
Not open for further replies.