Eye of the beholder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofthemonster

Apr 7, 2009
kotmlsj09.jpg

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
Give me the uttermost honest comments/critique regarding it. Im new to photography and am here to learn.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to brings out this cat's emotions as it stares straight into the camera lens of mine.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Was eating at a hawker centre with friends when this cute little cat came over. This snap shot was consider lucky as it came towards me, allowing me to capture down all of its expression and the cute little tooth poping out of its mouth.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I love this shot of mine. Though its just a snap shot. But to me it did manage to capture down the mood of the subject.

1. i don't see any tooth!

2. you have flashed the cat, do note that direct flash can cause animal's eyes to look very.. wrong.

3. a bit too tight, you have cropped off the paw in the background!

I saw the tooth but it wasn't obvious. ;)

2w3x2xk.jpg

Hope you don't mind me defacing your photo. :p

Try to avoid having such color for the eyes its unpleasant. In any close up portrait the eyes are crucial to make or break a photo.

if u r trying to do what i think u r trying to do, maybe go for a tighter crop on the face. since obviously u r not bothering abt the rest of the cat rite? composition seems pretty 'normal' if u leave it as it is :)

hi guys. Im still learning. And felt thankful for all the advice and mistakes pointed out. Will improve on it next time. :)

to night86mare : i did not done any cropping of the pics. only done some slight contrast and saturation in ps.

when i say, cropped.. i meant when you framed, you didn't notice that the paw was gone.. :)

sorry for OT .....flash will cause harm to a cat eyes.....pls dun do it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.