Eye Going To Penang

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
EYE GOES PENANG 05/06 – 08/06

We are organizing a photo trip to Penang, (3D/3N) where Eyes the City originated. It was the people at Nan Yang Folk Culture aka NYFC who initiated the 24hr year end shoot project. During this trip, we will be having an exchange session where they will be sharing with us their past project, followed by a brief intro of Penang. After which, it will be our turn to present "EYE E CITY". The may be an interview too. What is a photo trip without shooting right? So we will be going round Penang to capture the sights through different perspectives/ eyes.

We will be departing on Thursday night (2200hr) near Lavender MRT (opp. ICA), arrive at Penang on Friday morning, depart Penang on Sunday morning / afternoon. We will come back on Sunday night so everybody can charge up before returning to work. As such, we will require you to take 1 day annual leave on Friday (06/06).

Objectives of this trip :

1) Link up with NYFC for an exchange.
2) "Eye" participants to explore and capture a different society and culture through the lens. Think of it as "Eye E City" in Penang. May be this may have some effect on their work for "Eye E City 2008".
3) A big get to know other “eyes”.

When we are back, all trip participants will be requested, as in the actual "Eye E City", to select 3 to 5 photos for a photo sharing session, difference here is no prints, only slide show through projector. Date and venue for this session will be released later. The final output will still be black and white. No films will be provided for those nostalgic, you have to bring your own, dev and scan.

Highlights of this trip

1) Exchange between NYFC and EYE, slides show on past projects.
2) Rare opportunity for all the like-minded people to be together to exchange ideas
3) Interviewing “Eye E City”.
4) Yeow Wooi (point person at NYFC) invited us to shoot a temple’s Vesak Day Celebaration
5) “EYE WENT PENANG” photo sharing session.

Now, the most important piece of info, cost $$

* We are sorry but we do not allow participants who are under 18 as of today to join this trip. We seek your understanding.*

1) Passport must have at least 6 more months before expiry.
2) Eye participants = $305 (single room)
3) Eye participants = $240 (twin sharing room)
4) Eye participants = $210 (triple sharing room)
5) Include tips for 2 drivers and 1 guide
6) Registration is only confirmed when the payment is made. Non-cancellation once payment made.
7) There are only 24 openings for this trip. Payment has to be made by 15/05 & 16/05 (Thursday & Friday evening), 1800hr – 2100hr, Funan food court at 5th floor.
8) Package :
8a) VIP air-cond 26 seaters coach. No need to change coach in Malaysia, this coach will be with us all trough the trip.
8b) Twin sharing in Sunway Hotel 4* in George Town, 3d/2n stay.
8c) Daily breakfast, 3 lunch & 2 dinner.
8d) Includes insurance & medical coverage.

Registered List

1) Dennis Kee
2) Soo Hwei
3) Amos
4) Siang Bee
5) Billy
6) destiny86
7) khchang70
8) Dream Merchant
9) Mezzotint
10) shirley
11) mdmgreen
12)
13)

Confirm List

1) Dennis Kee
2) Soo Hwei
3) Amos
4) Siang Bee
5) Martin Liew
6)
7)
8)

hi guys,

pls do not update the confirm list. i will be the one updating this list.

but pls do put your name in the registered list if you would like to join us.

thanks for your understanding.

update

i have repost the info for easier understanding. put in the rate for single room and triple sharing room.

Registered List

1) Dennis Kee
2) Soo Hwei
3) Amos
4) Siang Bee
5) Billy
6) destiny86
7) khchang70
8) Dream Merchant
9) Mezzotint
10) shirley
11) redstone
12) mdmgreen
13)

Just collected my passport this afternoon, didnt know now we are only allowed to make 5yrs. I have bloted so much that the counter lady couldnt believe that the photo in the old passport is me. What to do, living in singapore has this kind of effect on people since good food are everywhere.:heart:

I had used film for all my participations in "Eye E City", so I decided to use film for this trip as well. I met up with Martin at Ruby to stock up some film for this trip. Initially, we wanted to get XP2 but its out of stock, so we went over to CP, where Martin stocked 6 rolls of Kodak 400CN and I gotten 6 rolls of Fuji Superia 400 instead.

Beside Superia being cheaper, since I will be doing my own scanning, I can post process into B&W. So you see, I have best of both world, smart right? :bsmilie:

Now the next question is, which camera, lens and tripod to bring.:think:
Finally, I am torn between my 2 loves, shooting and eating. Still have 3 weeks plus to decide.:think:

hi guys

sadly the registered list doesnt look not very encouraging.

we will still proceed on with the collection as plan and set off on 5th june if we have 24 participants.

inevent if we are unable to meet the required number by friday night, i will immediately contact individual to return them the money on saturday.

we will than postpone this trip to mid july.

we sincerely hope for those of you who want to go but are hesitating because of the short registered list, pls dont. it is like chicken and egg thing.

finally, i hope to see you guys tomorrow.

This is a good opportunity to explore out of Singapore and spent some time shooting in Penang. We won't be shooting touristy photos but it will be more of a photo journalistic style.

For those who are still hesitant, mai-tu-liao, it will be a fun and enriching trip. Do confirm your attendance fast! :D

Dennis, I cannot find you in Funan! :cry:

i am so sorry, i was wearing what i had pm you, but it so happens that there was another cser who is also wearing red and specs and display a camera on the table next to me. :eek: we were joking that mdmgreen may be confuse by 2 of us.

ok, tell you guys this, friday night, look for a fat guy wearing photographer vest. i will be sitting on the extreme right of the food court. same thing cant happpen twice in a row right? (if it happens again, i better buy big big 4d liao).

mdmgreen, if you come on friday night, i buy you coffee ok?;)

Confirm List

1) Dennis Kee
2) Soo Hwei
3) Amos
4) Siang Bee
5) Martin Liew
6) Dream Merchant
7)
8)

come come dont shy

UPZZZ guys!

Common, join in ... can TOK KOK, SING SONG, EAT TILL EXPLODE and if still alive, take some unforgettable photos!

Oso, travel in larger group, stay in nice hotel, safer than small group or go individually right?

Up for this wonderful Friday morning! TGIF!!

Dun get me wrong here. I dun earn commission outta this. But my spirit for this trip is good. So if you think you really need that short break from stressful work, take some time off and join us. At least personally I did. Hope to see you at Funan food court tonight. Cheers!

i am so sorry, i was wearing what i had pm you, but it so happens that there was another cser who is also wearing red and specs and display a camera on the table next to me. :eek: we were joking that mdmgreen may be confuse by 2 of us.

ok, tell you guys this, friday night, look for a fat guy wearing photographer vest. i will be sitting on the extreme right of the food court. same thing cant happpen twice in a row right? (if it happens again, i better buy big big 4d liao).

mdmgreen, if you come on friday night, i buy you coffee ok?;)

Hi Dennis, nice knowing you from next table....I am the other guy wearing the same red and wearing specs. :bsmilie:....Nice outing you organised here. All the best. :)

Yes, Ah Beng your friend is my SiFu. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.