Eye-Fi now works in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
93266923.jpg

The guys at Eye-Fi has updated their Eye-Fi manager and also firmware for the card, now it works with transparent proxy-based internet setting as in Singapore.... So guys, you can buy the Eye-Fi and use it here now... ^^

Where can buy this in Singapore?

tempting

but without say a network...can it still work?

say in the middle of sahara dessert, when shooting, does it still beam the pics to my laptop?

and oso, how long does it take to beam a full SD card?

it'll be kewl if it can be used as a wireless actin as a tethered shoot.

hope to hear more details...

PL

but without say a network...can it still work?
Cannot, you need a wireless network... you need internet to setup but u can use just a wireless router to make the thing work, but cannot use it with ad hoc network

and oso, how long does it take to beam a full SD card?
It's 802.11G but not fast... a few sec for a single 4-5MB JPEG... only works with JPEG no RAW.

wah serious ah... it does has it disadvantages.... if we could just make it join a Ad hoc network created by the laptop then it would simplify things....

So now we need the inital setup to have internet connection, after which we can bring it out to anywhere plug in the wireless router without internet and let it trasnfer direct to the laptop?

Bad experience for my case. After setup it cannot be detected by my 40D with CF-SD convertor. And after a few formats it can't even be detected by my PC. Hell yeah...!!! Returned and Refund. Now running WFT-E3

Status
Not open for further replies.