Eye e City


Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2005
14
0
0
#1
A VISUAL ACCOUNT OF THE LAST 24 HOURS OF 2005

EYE é CITY 2005

Hi Everyone,

We are now close to the end of year 2005. Does the year hold any special memories for you?

This is the fourth year we are holding Eye é City. Through this project, we encourage the documentation of social changes, recorded through photographs on the last day of the year to form the collective memories of Singapore from the eye of ordinary individuals.

While for the past few years, we have being collating photographs of amateurs, novices and professionals alike, and showcasing them at exhibitions and in publications, this time round, we hope to invite Secondary School and Junior College students to join us in this meaningful event. We hope to see Singapore through the eyes of our young future leaders.

So come on down to Bras Basah Complex Foyer Level One (in front of Cheers) on 30th Dec 2005 between 8pm and 11:59pm to register. There will be 2 briefings at 8.30pm and 9.30pm. The registration fee is $12/-. Shooting will be on 31st Dec 2005 between 00:01am to 11:59pm. Cameras allowed to be used are 35mm digital and film cameras. Any enquiries can be sent to eyeecity@yahoo.com.

Lets make our collective memories of the city inspire other city dwellers to care for the city.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Yeo Huifang
On Behalf of Eye é City Organising Committee

PS: For participants aged 18 and below, entries are to be accompanied with parental consent forms which can be obtained on registration day.
 

Dec 23, 2005
14
0
0
#3
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
err.. can i use 2? 1 for digital 1 for film?
yeah sure u can. jus submit 2 entry forms, one for digital and one for film:)
 

mohgui

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2005
1,294
0
0
La La Land
#4
you mentioned 35mm digital camera. does that mean a full-frame digital camera? if yes, that means a majority of us using mid-range DSLR not qualified lah...
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#5
mohgui said:
you mentioned 35mm digital camera. does that mean a full-frame digital camera? if yes, that means a majority of us using mid-range DSLR not qualified lah...
no lah, even digital point and shoot is still ok, i took part 3 times liao, all 3 times used my coolpix 4500 :bsmilie:
 

mohgui

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2005
1,294
0
0
La La Land
#6
eikin said:
no lah, even digital point and shoot is still ok, i took part 3 times liao, all 3 times used my coolpix 4500 :bsmilie:
i know... just want to clarify. skali who knows, they suka-suka change their rules. somemore, the requirements not very clear.

thanks dude for the clarification.
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#7
mohgui said:
i know... just want to clarify. skali who knows, they suka-suka change their rules. somemore, the requirements not very clear.

thanks dude for the clarification.
no problem ... would be quite discriminating if only allow 35mm sensor DSLR user to take part :bsmilie: :angel:
 

Dec 23, 2005
14
0
0
#8
mohgui said:
i know... just want to clarify. skali who knows, they suka-suka change their rules. somemore, the requirements not very clear.

thanks dude for the clarification.

basically, all film users will be given a roll of black and white film upon registration. as for digital users, as long as ur camera is 35mm format and ur image is taken in tiff or ipeg with a megapixel of 3, the image wil b accepted. dummy cameras included

on 31st dec, film users wil hv 2 hand back their rolls for our processing. as 4 digital users, we will upload ur images from ur memory card.

then on 14th and 15th jan 2006, all participants wil b invited 2 a preliminary selection of 3 of their images that they like best. these 3 images will be submitted for selection by a panel of photography, literary and art professionals 2 choose at least 100 images that best represent our theme. these images wil then be published in a book and exhibited in a month long exhibition.

hope this gives u a clearer picture. if u hv further queries, feel free 2 raise it.
 

benedium

New Member
Jun 19, 2004
1,204
0
0
www.photo.net
#9
eikin said:
no problem ... would be quite discriminating if only allow 35mm sensor DSLR user to take part :bsmilie: :angel:
It would most certainly be a Canon event if it was the case. ;) :bsmilie:
 

mohgui

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2005
1,294
0
0
La La Land
#10
eye e city said:
basically, all film users will be given a roll of black and white film upon registration. as for digital users, as long as ur camera is 35mm format and ur image is taken in tiff or ipeg with a megapixel of 3, the image wil b accepted. dummy cameras included

on 31st dec, film users wil hv 2 hand back their rolls for our processing. as 4 digital users, we will upload ur images from ur memory card.

then on 14th and 15th jan 2006, all participants wil b invited 2 a preliminary selection of 3 of their images that they like best. these 3 images will be submitted for selection by a panel of photography, literary and art professionals 2 choose at least 100 images that best represent our theme. these images wil then be published in a book and exhibited in a month long exhibition.

hope this gives u a clearer picture. if u hv further queries, feel free 2 raise it.
thanks for the clarification. say, since the film photogs are given B&W film to shoot, does it mean that you guys will convert colour pictures from digital cameras to B&W? can we even do it ourselves?
 

May 16, 2004
176
0
0
43
Singapore land
#11
eye e city said:
then on 14th and 15th jan 2006, all participants wil b invited 2 a preliminary selection of 3 of their images that they like best. these 3 images will be submitted for selection by a panel of photography, literary and art professionals 2 choose at least 100 images that best represent our theme. these images wil then be published in a book and exhibited in a month long exhibition.
What if we cannot make it for the selection on the 14th and 15th can we still join? i will be away from Singapore then, but will certainly like to take part. What can be done?
 

Nov 20, 2005
244
0
0
#12
erm...i'm confused...for those using film cameras ll hv to return the film on 31st dec? how to?? midnite?? how abt digital users like us?? u mean the organiser ll take in all the photos we hv taken betw 0001 to 2359 of 31st dec and then we ll meet up again on 14 & 15 to choose three fav pics??

so sorry to all if i'm talkg nonsense here...blur lah... :p
 

mohgui

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2005
1,294
0
0
La La Land
#13
Swordwindsg said:
erm...i'm confused...for those using film cameras ll hv to return the film on 31st dec? how to?? midnite?? how abt digital users like us?? u mean the organiser ll take in all the photos we hv taken betw 0001 to 2359 of 31st dec and then we ll meet up again on 14 & 15 to choose three fav pics??

so sorry to all if i'm talkg nonsense here...blur lah... :p
looks like it dude...
 

citygal

New Member
Dec 27, 2005
3
0
0
#15
Is the briefing complusory to attend? Could it be done thru email? :)
 

Dec 23, 2005
14
0
0
#18
mohgui said:
thanks for the clarification. say, since the film photogs are given B&W film to shoot, does it mean that you guys will convert colour pictures from digital cameras to B&W? can we even do it ourselves?
yes, u can. jus do ur own conversion b4 u submit to us for uploading on 31st dec or u can jus take ur pix in b/w.
 

Dec 23, 2005
14
0
0
#19
Manfred Ng said:
What if we cannot make it for the selection on the 14th and 15th can we still join? i will be away from Singapore then, but will certainly like to take part. What can be done?
if u cant make it on the selection dates, the organisers will choose the 3 images on ur behalf.
 

Dec 23, 2005
14
0
0
#20
Swordwindsg said:
erm...i'm confused...for those using film cameras ll hv to return the film on 31st dec? how to?? midnite?? how abt digital users like us?? u mean the organiser ll take in all the photos we hv taken betw 0001 to 2359 of 31st dec and then we ll meet up again on 14 & 15 to choose three fav pics??

so sorry to all if i'm talkg nonsense here...blur lah... :p
yes, u wil hv 2 submit ur roll of film for us 2 do the processing. then on either 14th or 15th jan u wil get 2 c ur images on a cd-rom. for digital users, we wil only upload 36 images so do ur own editing first if u hv hundreds:) similarly, digital users wil come on either 14th or 15th jan to choose their 3 images.

u hv up till 00:30 (1st jan 2006) 2 submit ur entries. so plan ur final shots somewhere around bras basah complex and u wil b able 2 make it.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom