Eye e City - A Visual Account of the Last 24 Hours of 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
got this email last night, since no one posted here yet, thought i just give a helping hand to the dedicated people who have organised this event for the last 2 years, cheers

10208eye_e_city1.jpg

Eyeing for volunteers!!!
Eye e City is an event purely organised and runned by volunteers from all walks of life. We are appealing to anyone, who wants to come forward and be a part of this meaningful and socially engaging project. Volunteers, we need volunteers!!!

for who?
able to converse in at least 1 of our national languages
able to use computer (for data entry)
available to commit
can smile and talk and work all at the same time
driven by zest and energy to volunteer
wanna spend the last day of the year with us

do what?
registration
ushers
front-of-house
data-entry
setup and packup

at where?
Bras Basah Complex Foyer (outside Cheers Store)
Blk 231 Bain Street S180231

on when?
30th December 2004: 1600hrs - 31th December 2004: 0100hrs
31th December 2004: 1600hrs - 01st January 2005: 0200hrs

so how?
just fill up the details below and send it back to us at eyeecity@yahoo.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can

but...
q: i wanna be a participant too!
a: the shooting takes place after 0001hrs, and lasts the entire day, you can still be a participant too.

q: but i dunno what i can contribute?
a: as long as you have the heart to volunteer, nothing is too big nor too small for you to help us with.

q: can i just help out a few hours instead of the entire time?
a: yes of course. there are many areas of help we will need throughout the project, time can be worked out.

okie, I can volunteer with Eye e City 2004!!!

family name:
given name:
contact no.:
email:

slots (can tick more than 1, as long as u can make it)
[ ] 30th December 2004: 1600hrs - 31th December 2004: 0100hrs (10hrs)

[ ] 31th December 2004: 1600hrs - 01st January 2005: 0200hrs (10hrs)

(pls fill in the X with your desired timing)
[ ] 30th December 2004: XXXXhrs - 31th December 2004: XXXXhrs (XXhrs)

[ ] 31th December 2004: XXXXhrs - 01st January 2005: XXXXhrs (XXhrs)

work (pls tick area/s u can contribute most)
[ ] registration
[ ] ushers
[ ] front-of-house
[ ] data-entry
[ ] setup and packup

I thought they really mean it when they said there wont be one for this year...

Yeah... can shoot again loh!

they did? no lah, i was talking to one of the organisers during the last exhibition, she said will have ... as long as got people support sure will have one ... so everyone please JOIN! JOIN! JOIN!

Hi,
Did anyone here join this last year? How did film users submit their work? Did they give unprocessed rolls? Appreciate if film users share this experience with this event. Thanks.

the organisers handed out an agfa roll each.

I didn't use film last year, but will this year if i go.

film users will be given a roll of black and white film, upon finishing the roll, you will submit it and the organiser will develop it and have it scanned into digital copies. there will be 2 rounds of selection, first one for you to select a certain number of best shots for submission (you get to view your shots digitally) and second one is the organiser's internal selection. if i am not wrong you will be getting back your developed negatives and a CD of the digital copies of your shots (not too sure, i shoot digital)

and one more thing, this event is not a competition, it is for everyone (beginners, amateurs, professionals, hobbyists) and anyone (photogs, non-photogs alike) to contribute to the documentation of the year's final 24 hours here in Singapore. you don't need to have an slr or dslr, a simple P&S camera will do. cheers :)

Hmmm, interesting! Never knew got such event :)
Something to do if I don't have to work that day.

Just to point out that the shooting time states, "31-12-2004, 0.01am - 11.59pm". Strictly speaking, 0.01am doesn't exist.

yellow_kiwi said:
I thought they really mean it when they said there wont be one for this year...

Yeah... can shoot again loh!

ya lor, thought this year no more. you want shoot together?

interesting.

but i've got lessons. poly started lessons early.

do i get the registration fee waived if i volunteered? :embrass:

chengwei said:
interesting.

but i've got lessons. poly started lessons early.

do i get the registration fee waived if i volunteered? :embrass:

oh come on, $12 is not very costly, if 300 people take part it will only fetch them $3600, this money has to feed the purchase of film rolls, the cost of developing the film rolls, cost of cds, cost of printing the books, cost of renting spaces etc. in fact they have to source for enough computers, card readers, and even do the editing for the book most probably out of their own time without payment, there may be funds from last 2 years' sale of the books but seriously with such a small market they really can't earn much ... and without help from various sponsors (getting lesser i heard over the 3 yrs) this would have been impossible

so please give your full support to this event to let it continue for years to come!

eikin put up a list here la for those who are joining , i will be going , my collegue strongly recommend :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

poohbear said:
eikin put up a list here la for those who are joining , i will be going , my collegue strongly recommend :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alamak, i not organiser lah :nono: , i just help them spread the message only lah, this one no need list one lah, go shoot anywhere you like, just capture the last 24 hours of the year in the most memorable way can liao ... anyway, JOIN! JOIN! JOIN!

hi sorry

but why do we have to pay to shoot this ?

as in

i'm not sure of what happened in 2002 and 2003.. but then we're paying $12 to shoot...

sequitur said:
hi sorry

but why do we have to pay to shoot this ?

as in

i'm not sure of what happened in 2002 and 2003.. but then we're paying $12 to shoot...
I believe this was adequately explained by eikin. This is a voluntary project and as such funds are at a minimal. If there were sponsors, perhaps it would cost less.

For me, it doesn't matter... $12 is not a lot. I look at this as a way for photography and also arts to grow locally. The last line in the poster states, "How long will this event be sustained ??? Your involvement is the answer."

ortega said:
Up this tread for a good cause

haha, help the organiser thank you! :) actually i don't know the organiser that well :confused: :bsmilie:

anyway, like you said, up for the good cause! 1 more week to go! remember to participate!

right i JOIN DE FUN TOO....

Status
Not open for further replies.