Eye e City 2007 Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wh00dy

Jul 9, 2007
Start: Dec 30, '07 07:00a
End: Dec 30, '07 10:00p

2007 is ending again. And like the past few years, Eye e City 2007 is here again too. It is an yearly event to capture the significants during the last 24 hours of the year through your lens, through your eyes. Photos will be judged, and selected photos goes into their exhibitions all through 2008. and even go into their published book Eye e City 2007.

They are also recruiting volunteers for this event. For more info: eyeecity.multiply.com

Eye e City 2007 Registration

Open to all, from age 13 yrs onwards

Categories:
Film
Digital (includes mobile phones of at least 3 megapixel)

Fees:
S$12.00 per entry
S$10.00 per entry for students and senior citizens

Find their brochers and posters for more info at eyeecity.multiply.com

i would like to highlight a very important point here.

SUBMISSION OF PHOTO IS ON

01.01.2008, 10am-1pm

BASHEER GALLERY, BRAS BASAH COMPLEX, #04-19

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO BACK TO SUBMIT PHOTO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT ON 31.12.2007 AS IN THE PAST YEARS PROCEDURE.

thank.

participants are entitle to (to be collected during the book launch)

1) a roll of black and white film (film user)
2) negatives CD-R
3) index print
4) mounted print (for selected entries)
5) EYE E CITY 2007 PUBLICATION (started only with 2006 event).

Just saw the interview with the 3 photogs in Zhao An Ni Hao. :thumbsup:

Me too! and i went to check the website immediately.
New to photography, so didn't know of this annual event.
too bad i be overseas on 31 Dec! Looks like i have to wait for another year to participate.
:confused:

Hi....uh i've never joined this comp before so....

are we supposed to develop the film before submission?....or we just submit the canister intact?????..

thanks!

Hi....uh i've never joined this comp before so....

are we supposed to develop the film before submission?....or we just submit the canister intact?????..

thanks!

nope, the organisers would develop the film.. you'll need to come down on another day to review and select the pics though..

Will go to support this event, yesterday just went to my uni library to read the past Eye e City book, very interesting event!

for the benefit of those who are not aware of this activity or have not taken the "eye e city flyers", basically, the process goes this way :

1) 30.12.07, between 1900hr - 2200hr
registration.
bras basah complex foyer (infront of "cheers convenience store).
film users will be given a roll of xp2 (b&w film), 36 exposure.
digital users....(no memory cards will be given).

2) 31.12.07, between 0000hr - 2359hr
photo-taking.
any where within singapore.
film users, too bad, only max of 36 shots.
digital users....no limit

3) 01.01.08, between 1000hr - 1300hr
submission.
basheer gallery,bras basah complex, #04-19.
film users, return the canister.
digital users, submit max. of 36 shots.

4) 05 & 06.01.08, between 1000hr - 1400hr
preliminary selection.
all participants come choose the photo for the competition (there will be facilitators to help you in your selections should you need assistant).

5) 26 & 27.01.08
final judging.
does not involve participants.

6) aug.08
exhibition & book launch.

hi, i can't go down during the registration timing. can i ask my friend to register + collect film on my behalf? Thanks.

for the benefit of those who are not aware of this activity or have not taken the "eye e city flyers", basically, the process goes this way :

3) 01.01.08, between 1000hr - 1300hr
submission.
film users, return the canister.
digital users, submit max. of 36 shots.

Err... a bit confusing here .... submit max of 36 shots? or a) 3 singles or b) 1 photo essay of not more then 5 picts n 2 singles? sorry first timer...:(

Err... a bit confusing here .... submit max of 36 shots? or a) 3 singles or b) 1 photo essay of not more then 5 picts n 2 singles? sorry first timer...:(

From the 36 shots, you can select either the best 3 single shots or a photo essay (comprising a maximum of 5 shots) + 2 single shots.

There will be a short briefing cum Q&A session on the registration day at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm. All are welcome to attend.

Just wondering, convert from colour to black and white in the camera allow???

Yes, it would be better for digital users to switch to B&W during shooting.

And a note to digital users, kindly select the 36 shots and save the images to a CD prior to submission on 1 Jan. The reason to have the submission on 1 Jan instead of 31 Dec is to let participants have ample time to cover the last 24 hours of the year and also more time to look through the images before submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.