Eye é City 2005 - My Street Photojournalistic Account on the Last Day of 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzotint

Dec 27, 2004
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
It was a fun and fruitful day on 31st Dec 2005 Saturday. It was my first year partcipation in the fourth year of this event. Below are my 7 favorite picks out of 36 shots I made. Pleasant viewing. :)

01. Chinese Communist Party is not China
Some so-called protesters were trying to spread Chinese Propaganda and the infamous sect cult, Fa Lun Gong at Waterloo Street.

ChinesePropaganda.jpg

02. Resting or Protesting?
This old man was sitting there. He looked pretty relaxed with nothing else to do but looking around as people walked by. I'm still wondering if he's just a resident who wants to sit that particular spot or is he one of the so-called protestors.

RestingorProtesting.jpg

03. Homeless Man & No Littering
I saw this old homeless Indian man sleeping soundly at the corner of Waterloo Street hawker center as I walked up from the escalator to the 2nd level.

HomelessManNoLittering.jpg

04. Flower Seller in the Trade
I walked past the Temple of Goddess of Mercy at Waterloo Street and happened to see this man buying flowers from a lady. It was the first day on the Chinese Lunar Month where there was pilgrimage. People buy flowers and incense to pray and worship their gods for safety, good luck and so on.

FlowerSellerintheTrade.jpg

05. The Busking Magician
One of the most common sights at Waterloo Street where all sorts of buskers setting up their own stalls to sell stuff. For this gentleman here, while he was performing some simple & interesting magic tricks, he was trying to promote his business as he deals in snakes for Chinese medicines.

TheBuskingMagician.jpg

06. Traffic Police at Work
This 2-way traffic road is pretty narrow with each side is enuff for one vehicle to drive thru. In this image, it's pretty obvious that this lorry is illegally parked which caused a congestion. This is the time when the traffic policeman come to clear the traffic flow.

TrafficPoliceatWork.jpg

07. Right Here Waiting (for the rain to stop)
It was raining in torrential. With no umbrella this man waits for the rain to stop.

RightHereWaiting.jpg

All images were taken with Nikon D70s on 18-70mm kit lens, without any external flashlight. Post-processing in Adobe Photoshop using Level and B&W conversion using Hue/Saturation. No cropping and sharpening are done.

Thanks guys!

FYI, all partcipants will have to go back to select their best 3 shots for the panel of judges to pick overall best 100 images for the book publication.

Maybe u guys can pick yr fav 3 shots here. :)

number 7 is good..got contrast..

see, he has a raincover for his bag, but no raincover for himself...lol..

#7 good

Status
Not open for further replies.