Apr 25, 2002
singapore
www.larryloh.com
Eye é City - A Visual Account of the Last 24 Hours of 2003

it's here again!!! :D

eye_e_city.jpg

Image from email, cropped and resized for web

Terms and Conditions:
  1. Participants must be aged 18 and above. The event is open to Singaporeans, permanent residents, and all who are staying in Singapore on a long-term basis.
  2. Participants are required to register personally from 8pm to 11.59pm on 30 December 2003 at Toy Factory Theatre Ensemble (17A Smith Street, 3rd level, Chinatown). Registration fee is S$10. No advance registration is required.
  3. The event will start at 12am and ends at 11.59pm on 31 December 2003. All photographs must be taken within this time period and within Singapore.
  4. A roll of Ilford XP2 film will be provided for participants using 35mm cameras. Participants may not use any other film.
  5. Participants using digital cameras must submit only 36 pictures. Any additional pictures will be disregarded.
  6. All participants will be given a record sheet. Participants are required to enter the exact time the photographs are taken, the venue and notes/observations on the record sheet.
  7. All participants must return their unprocessed roll of film or digital photographs for uploading on 31 December 2003 from 8pm to 12am. Those who are unable to return on time must call the organiser to make other arrangements.
  8. The films will be sent to a professional film lab for processing by the organiser.
  9. A total of 100 photographs which best represent the theme of this event will be selected for future publication and exhibition purposes. There will be a preliminary selection by the participants and a final selection by a panel.
  10. The preliminary selection will be held on 7 & 8 February 2004 at Drama Box (14A Trengganu Street, 4th level, Chinatown). Every participant must be present to select 3 of his/her works for the final selection. For participants who are unable to be present, the selection will be made by the organiser on their behalf.
  11. For participants using 35mm cameras, each will receive a CD-Rom of his/her photographs during the preliminary selection. The negatives will be returned to the participants after the exhibition.
  12. The final selection by the organiser/panel is final and no correspondence or discussion regarding the selection will be entertained.
  13. The organiser will raise funds to cover costs of exhibition and publication. Dates of exhibition and publication will depend on progress of fund raising.
  14. Participants whose works are selected will be given a complimentary copy of the publication.

Eye é City - A Visual Account of the Last 24 Hours of 2003 is organised by "Nomadic Eyes Collective", which is a gathering of people from various backgrounds with a common interest in retaining memories of this city.

For enquiries, please call 6837-3767 or email: pagetostage@pacific.net.sg.

Any links to the results/pictures from past "Eye of the City" events?

ST1100 said:
Any links to the results/pictures from past "Eye of the City" events?
not online i think... i have the book if you wanna browse thru it...

scanner said:
Any takers for this event? ;)
I'm definitely joining this. Sounds fun to me!

Whoa, i like the idea man.. but i dun think can tahan that late.. wha lau.. from 12 midnight to 12 next morn.. :'(

hmm

what's the $10 reg fee for.. ?

i thought they were the ones making the profits at $25/book.. ?

erm, it's not exactly asking everyone to stay up for 24 hours and shoot every hour you know... you just have to take one roll (either film or digital equiv.) within that 24 hours period, that's all. for all intents, you can walk out, speed shoot 36 shots within 2 mins and walk back in to submit. :D

the idea is to go and shoot something personally meaningful. e.g. last year some folks went to a wedding and took shots, some went to Ubin, and some jokers (like me) took potshots in the MRT and around the office. :D

it's definitely interesting.. like the LOMO project last october? ;)

see how you can translate the last 24hrs of 2003 into visual arts... heh heh heh.... I will be joining.. got a strong theme inspiration

. . .
[*]All participants must return their unprocessed roll of film or digital photographs for uploading on 31 December 2003 from 8pm to 12am. Those who are unable to return on time must call the organiser to make other arrangements.

[*]The films will be sent to a professional film lab for processing by the organiser.​
. . .

Will the organiser process 'RAW' format photos from DSLR of different brands as well? or folks with DSLR have to shoot jpegs (TIFF!!?! :sweat: ) for submission.

shoon said:
Will the organiser process 'RAW' format photos from DSLR of different brands as well? or folks with DSLR have to shoot jpegs (TIFF!!?! :sweat: ) for submission.
Why do you want to shoot RAW? You can't do any post-processing anyway..

hhhmmm there's a loophole tho, digital shooters can shoot gazilions and pick 36 of their best to submit, but film shooters can't? cuz there's no way of ensuring digital users had only shot 36 shots?

hoppinghippo said:
hhhmmm there's a loophole tho, digital shooters can shoot gazilions and pick 36 of their best to submit, but film shooters can't? cuz there's no way of ensuring digital users had only shot 36 shots?

They can require continuous running number for the filenames... But they didn't.. ;)

AReality said:
They can require continuous running number for the filenames... But they didn't.. ;)
even continuous running filenames can be changed easily... and you don't even need any special programs for that.

Larry said:
even continuous running filenames can be changed easily... and you don't even need any special programs for that.

How? I'm not thinking of luggign my laptop around....

Status
Not open for further replies.