Eye è City 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean by improved?

1) technical issues
2) lighting
3) composition
4) creativity
5) the series of photos as a whole (is comply more to the theme)

somehow, i feel last years better as a whole, i can still remember at least 10 photos i seen last year, but only 5 for this year. maybe its just me.

denniskee said:
what do you mean by improved?

1) technical issues
2) lighting
3) composition
4) creativity
5) the series of photos as a whole (is comply more to the theme)

somehow, i feel last years better as a whole, i can still remember at least 10 photos i seen last year, but only 5 for this year. maybe its just me.

technical issues are secondary for this project, i'm referring more to the selection of themes and pictures' relevance, i feel the organisation of the photographs for the last 2 years are rather loose and don't reflect the idea of time as strongly

scud said:
the actual photos on display are better than printed in the book.

Saw the prints last week. But how much is the book and what's the size?

i visited the display juz now.... some of the shots are really really intriguing :thumbsup:

scud said:
the actual photos on display are better than printed in the book.

i have to agree on that ... but at least the size of the book increased :sweat:

good effort on the organisers for today's session, but i felt it could have been more prepared

I was there but my kids were making noise so we left early. Some of the photos were intriguing. Some didn't have captions, only titles, so it's hard to figure out what the photographer was trying to convey. One example is the photo titled "Affluence".

the organisers told me that for some photos, they did not put in caption original written by the photogs. did not have the chance to ask him why.:dunno:

for those who got the eye e city cd, is there anything wrong with the photos from the last few photographers?
i see only a red box and cannot view their photos.

should anyone of youo guys are interested in giving the organizer a helping hand for the up coming "2005 eye e city", they will be having 1st meeting @ 2pm, this saturday, in the "HANS" @ the NLB.

ortega said:
Exhibition, Book Launch & Talk

Exhibition 1-10-2005 to 30-10-2005, 10am – 9pm daily

Book Launch & Sharing Session 8-10-2005 (Sat), 2.30 – 5pm

Creative Photography Talk 29-10-2005 (Sat), 2.30 – 5pm

By Bob Lee (in mandarin)

All activities are free admission and held at the Central Lending Library (Basement 1, National Library, 100 Victoria Street).

During the exhibition, the book can be bought at a discount of $20 (usual price is $25). So seize the opportunity to own it.

For those who are contributors, we hope that you will attend the Book Launch where you can collect a free copy of the book.

If you want to pick up some tips for photography and its techniques, come to the Creative Photography Talk by Bob Lee in mandarin. Bob Lee is a photograph journalist with Lianhe Zaobao and he has a lot of real life experiences to share with you.

just a reminder that the talk is later this afternoon

sathea said:
for those who got the eye e city cd, is there anything wrong with the photos from the last few photographers?
i see only a red box and cannot view their photos.
anyone has the above problem viewing the cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.