Extremely dry fingers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
I wonder how many of u get this problem, especially if u're those who cook and do lotsa housework and come in contact with soap, washing stuff regularly.

How do u get rid of the painful, dry & itching fingertips?

ARGH~~~~~~ My fingers are driving me nuts.... :angry:

dry flaking skin on the finger tips? my girl has this problem whenever she touches washing liquid. a gd excuse to avoid housework i must say

i cant say there is a cure but avoid touching the washing liq/detergent directly. use a glove when doing dishes or else compromise with the wife/gf to do other washing instead.

Hmm... I wonder are there thin gloves where its easy to put on, yet thin enuff to feel the plates literally with ur fingers.... :( Rubber gloves sux IMO.

Unfortunately, when u love to cook and whip up new dishes, u'll have to do the dishes urself and clear up whatever mess u make. That's how it works with my Mum and me unfortunately.... :bsmilie: So I can't find excuses to whip up new dishes and leave a mess for my Mum to clear up. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Hmm... I wonder are there thin gloves where its easy to put on, yet thin enuff to feel the plates literally with ur fingers.... :( Rubber gloves sux IMO.

Unfortunately, when u love to cook and whip up new dishes, u'll have to do the dishes urself and clear up whatever mess u make. That's how it works with my Mum and me unfortunately.... :bsmilie: So I can't find excuses to whip up new dishes and leave a mess for my Mum to clear up. :bsmilie:

thin & easy to put on yet thin enuff to feel literally with your fingers? look no further man... u should use PROTECTION!!!

and since you only have it on finger tips, all the more you should use it... :bsmilie:

durex.jpg

Apply as much moisurising cream (e.g. urea 10% cream) as frequent as possible, or after each contact with detergent/soap.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
thin & easy to put on yet thin enuff to feel literally with your fingers? look no further man... u should use PROTECTION!!!

and since you only have it on finger tips, all the more you should use it... :bsmilie:

durex.jpg
I hope its properly lubbed. :embrass:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

durex.jpg

Hey i used that before! it indeeds works very well for.. "PROTECTION!!!" .. but not sure about fingers though.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hmm.... Get a non-lubbed version. Shld be good enuff when I cook and wash the dishes. ;p

Wonder how does it stand up to high temperatures though.... :dunno:

blimmer said:
dry flaking skin on the finger tips? my girl has this problem whenever she touches washing liquid. a gd excuse to avoid housework i must say

i cant say there is a cure but avoid touching the washing liq/detergent directly. use a glove when doing dishes or else compromise with the wife/gf to do other washing instead.
:devil: never change gf :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
I wonder how many of u get this problem, especially if u're those who cook and do lotsa housework and come in contact with soap, washing stuff regularly.

How do u get rid of the painful, dry & itching fingertips?

ARGH~~~~~~ My fingers are driving me nuts.... :angry:
better put better types of moisurising cream everyday

DT_ said:
Hey i used that before! it indeeds works very well for.. "PROTECTION!!!" .. but not sure about fingers though.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

there r finger cots, pharmacy got sell. looks jus like condom. but finger size. i think gloves still works betta.:thumbsup:

sORe-EyEz said:
there r finger cots, pharmacy got sell. looks jus like condom. but finger size. i think gloves still works betta.:thumbsup:

i think our dear fren here got sensitive skin, or fragile type... so those pharmaceutical latex kind dun work for him, cos its powdered, and those are very drying...

maybe another way is to wax his hand... hehehe... using candle... den 1 natural layer of protection... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

kinky stuff.... :sticktong

gryphon said:
:devil: never change gf :bsmilie:
bro if i have to change gf for every flaw i think i'll be very busy haha
learn to be contented, same applies for you :lovegrin:

jsbn said:
I hope its properly lubbed. :embrass:
there's the ribbed and flavoured versions too, go try all and see which fits! :devil:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i think our dear fren here got sensitive skin, or fragile type... so those pharmaceutical latex kind dun work for him, cos its powdered, and those are very drying...

maybe another way is to wax his hand... hehehe... using candle... den 1 natural layer of protection...

kinky stuff....
Now u noe. ;p My hands are insured for a million each leh. :sticktong

Now it's alot better even without moisturiser, I think might be someother stuff, maybe I cut or burn myself on the fingertips during cooking without knowing it myself.... :dunno:

blimmer said:
there's the ribbed and flavoured versions too, go try all and see which fits! :devil:
*Lickity-lick* I think it comes in strawberry flavours as well? :embrass:

Ok, enuff of the kinky talk or I think a big lock will be heading this way if mods go thru this thread as well. :bsmilie:

Thnx for all the suggestions (including the kinky ones :embrass: )! My mum suggested its the chilli I was cutting the other day that 'bit' my fingers and I did not wash my hands thoroughly.

You have a condition called "eczema". I have it since young. It's related to asthma, strange as it may seem.

Nothing much you can do, except use moisturizer and keep your hands as dry as possible.

Hmm... They seem perfectly ok to me.

I guess it may be I cut myself or what without me knowing. My reflex actions are getting to be retarded. I can cut myself and only feel the pain a couple of minutes later. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.