Extreme Photoshop Exercise - Zhng My Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the final art work (original was 5000px across consiting of a whopping 268 layers):
ZhngMyCarSequence16.jpg

Hope you guys like it... :)

wa lau..

u hor, NEVER FAIL to impress me..

i am glad to be your student...

* lai ah, lai ah.. lelong lelong.. good instructor here... come here to learn... :bsmilie:

:sweat:

wa lau..

u hor, NEVER FAIL to impress me..

i am glad to be your student...

* lai ah, lai ah.. lelong lelong.. good instructor here... come here to learn... :bsmilie:

:sweat:

Thanks bro... hope u've been practicing!

Bravo my friend!! Looks fierce! :bigeyes:

Perhaps you want to blur the lower car body outline a little, it looks too sharp.

Kkakak.... when you gonna "zhng" in a race queen too? ;p

Final PSD 300+megs... relatively small to my surprise... I've worked with PSDs that topped the 1gig mark before..

Care to share what is computer setup with how much ram, how do you allocate file handling in CS2 --> Edit --> preference etc. if scatch disk is used or cache levels etc.

I'm using 1G ram and 100mb .PSD would make my PC crawl already!

I'm running on a Dual Core AMD 4600+ at 2.4ghz, 2GB ram, scratch disc set to another physical hard drive (very important!) and maximum amont of ram PS can use is bumped up to 90% (I've heard this is not recommended but so far no issues for me). Cache, can't remember, think I left it at the default...

If you guys are looking for a performance boost, 2 of the best things to do are:

1. Up your ram to at least 1gb, 2gb is better of course but not so much if you seldom do poster sized stuff.
2. Scratch disc set it to ANOTHER PHYSICAL DRIVE, not even a partition, physically another drive...

The 2nd suggestion is, from experience, can give you the most performance boost...

Also, for this particular piece, very seldom were filters used, most of the time it's just the simple brush tools which are a lot less taxing on the computer. If for example I use the liquify filter on this then I'll be in trouble...

Yeaps!
Erv.

Bravo my friend!! Looks fierce! :bigeyes:

Perhaps you want to blur the lower car body outline a little, it looks too sharp.

Kkakak.... when you gonna "zhng" in a race queen too? ;p

Yeah I was thinking of blurring it, but when I tried, it looked weird, messes up the look of the car.. so heck it...

as for race queen, my personal queen is sitting in the driver's seat.. my gf's photograph haaha but can only see forehead... shrug...

Status
Not open for further replies.