Extract Human Object from background

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkling1

Oct 30, 2004
Dear Forumers

Always have problem to extract human head especially on the hair part from the messy background scene with PS..Any hint and tips to do it nicely especially to seperate the human hair from background? Can share?

bkling1 said:
Have to agree with you after trying out yesterday...WOW!! The result is fantastic. Worth every $ spent!

Can you please post up a before and after result? Especially for the hair part.:) Thks

firestone said:
Can you please post up a before and after result? Especially for the hair part.:) Thks

Yes, please post up some images.
I have never used Coral KnockOut before, but now getting interested.
If the results are good... i think about S$170 should be worth to invest.

waiaung said:
Yes, please post up some images.
I have never used Coral KnockOut before, but now getting interested.
If the results are good... i think about S$170 should be worth to invest.

I've tried it once and the results are good using the Corel KnockOut2 but I've some gripes about it not having magic wand, magnetic tool and etc like in photoshop. So to mark out the trace one still have to do it with diligence manually. Otherwise, results are wonderful but unfortunately I no longer have the images I tried to show :embrass:

How much is a tablet roughly?

Before

Before.jpg

After..I extracted the head, rotated it and added a bit PS Filter to give soft focus effect

After.jpg

Please comment and will use it for passport photo..

Thanks for sharing.
The soft focus filter works well with the cute girl.
BTW can u share where we can get the soft focus filter? Will like to experiment it on some of my shots.:)
Thanks

Any sample with more complicated subjects and backgrounds? interested to see how that will compare with Fluid Mask. Corel Knockout2 is so much cheaper.

Where to get a download of the trial?

Thanks.

cthemoon said:
Thanks for sharing.
The soft focus filter works well with the cute girl.
BTW can u share where we can get the soft focus filter? Will like to experiment it on some of my shots.:)
Thanks

You can try the soft focus effects in Photoshop.
First.. duplicate the layer..
Second... apply a bit of Gaussian Blur onto the duplicated layer. (The amount depends on how much blur you want, and the resolution of the image.)
Third... lower down the opacity of the duplicated layer... to like 30%~50%
Fourth... for varied results.. you can change the Blending mood to Screen, Multiply etc. Or if you like, you can keep it as Normal Blending mood.

Hope this helps!

If you have Photoshop, use the Extract filter "Filter->Extract".
You'll have to trace out the outline yourself, but the results is fantastic.

hanz170 said:
Any sample with more complicated subjects and backgrounds? interested to see how that will compare with Fluid Mask. Corel Knockout2 is so much cheaper.

Where to get a download of the trial?

Thanks.

Fluid mask has a trial version but it's only for Mac at the moment...curious abt that as well..
Don't know abt Knockout2.

I do have a few more challenging frizzy hair images that everyone can try!
Don't know where I can upload them. Should be fun to see how the various softwares perform..

Here is the first one, lowres version. It'll get progressively harder...hee
Anyone keen to try? Highres is abt 3mb.

:thumbsup: looks great!!!!!

Extraction looks Great! How did you do the extraction!
Was it done in PS? Pls share, thks

Better if you paint in shadows to show lighting direction to match background.

Status
Not open for further replies.