External TV Tuner for Mac/PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

longman

Dec 12, 2002
South
Visit site
Does any CSnapper can recommend any brand of External TV Tuner which can support Mac/PC and do clear recording?

basically the 3 most popular brands rite now are the pinnacle pctv pro, hauppauge wintv series and leadteak xp deluxe. i juz got the hauppauge wintv nicam stereo with fm for 135 at sls. radio works great tv images ok. anyway it all depends on ur reception and the software u use. the bundle software for wintv not very gd so i use 3rd party apps like dscaler and windvr. pctv pro i heard has better software package. the reason i got wintv was becoz i wanted to use dscaler with it. (its a program that has a better deinterlace algorithm and really makes the video alot clearer and sharper and its mostly tested with wintv cards). only gripe now is that now the wintv cards all use the newer conexant cx238881 chip(not that its a bad thing...heard it gives better quality) but the latest version of dscaler has some prob with it. have to wait for a new version to come out.

Does is support IMAC & PC ? I need USB/firewire version. Is that clear when do recording?

Clear it might be.. but i doubt the frame rates will be good on usb. Firewire would be a better choice.

sorry didnt read carefully ur post... if its external ones u're looking for pinnacle and hauppauge have those too. wat i recommended was pci based cards.
heard that pinnacle is coming out with the pctv deluxe...its a external one with hardware encoding...think its usb2 not very sure.

Just went back fr SLS, no single USB TV Tuner support IMAC....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.