External slave flash activated by inbuilt flash?

gomaish

May 9, 2004
Jurong
Where can I readily get a device such as this in Singapore? Prefer with pre-flash detection so it will not misfire...

41QPfG4UVwL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Digital-Bracket-Cameras-Without/dp/B002X3VBFK/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Just use Nikon. It has AWL (Advance Wireless Lighting)

At least the more advance models support this function. :)

You'd need to activate the CLS function on the onboard flash and also turn the flash into the remote mode. SB-600 and above only.

At least the more advance models support this function. :)

You'd need to activate the CLS function on the onboard flash and also turn the flash into the remote mode. SB-600 and above only.
Thanks for the suggestion but I just need a simple and cheap solution for my PnS..

what are you shooting.

pretty hard since u don't get control over it. no difference from using a torchlight imo. correct me if i'm wrong.

pretty hard since u don't get control over it. no difference from using a torchlight imo. correct me if i'm wrong.

Doesn't really matter. Would love to use it for other creative shots as well.. So any idea where to purchase this locally?

I think it fires not through wireless but rather the slave flash has built in light detector. The moment your built in flash fires the slave flash will detect it and fires too.

Locally not sure, may want to try ebay. For people I am not sure if the flash is going to be powerful enough unless is close up head shot.

Doesn't really matter. Would love to use it for other creative shots as well.. So any idea where to purchase this locally?

order from amazon.

haven't seen any built in optical flash around this price in sg.

I think it fires not through wireless but rather the slave flash has built in light detector. The moment your built in flash fires the slave flash will detect it and fires too.

Locally not sure, may want to try ebay. For people I am not sure if the flash is going to be powerful enough unless is close up head shot.
Yes I understand how it works. eBay not very cheap though compared to the link I posted above...

order from amazon.

haven't seen any built in optical flash around this price in sg.
SG don't have stock?

YN 460 does have a Slave 2 mode which ignores pre flash. It is very affordable too.
$80+ kind of steep actually for the purpose of just a simple slave...

YN 460 does have a Slave 2 mode which ignores pre flash. It is very affordable too.

he is looking for something under $20.00.. i guess or there abouts. it's priced 11+ USD on amazon.

haven't seen anything like this in SG particularly because it won't sell, im guessing.

Even the old Minolta film SLR cameras had this (and now all Sony DSLRs). ;)

@TS, if you're not going to order from Amazon, then $80 for the Yongnuo is already considered cheap. Believe me, in photography, $80 is peanuts.

$80+ kind of steep actually for the purpose of just a simple slave...

Wah your expectations quite tough to match.
I thought Yongnuo YN460 was already very well priced, considering build quality and features. It recycles pretty fast and has ability to control the output power over a number of levels.

At this price range, there is no preflash detection. Take a look at suntax.