External slave flash activated by inbuilt flash?

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Just use Nikon. It has AWL (Advance Wireless Lighting)

At least the more advance models support this function. :)

You'd need to activate the CLS function on the onboard flash and also turn the flash into the remote mode. SB-600 and above only.

gomaish

May 9, 2004
Jurong

At least the more advance models support this function. :)

You'd need to activate the CLS function on the onboard flash and also turn the flash into the remote mode. SB-600 and above only.
Thanks for the suggestion but I just need a simple and cheap solution for my PnS..

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
pretty hard since u don't get control over it. no difference from using a torchlight imo. correct me if i'm wrong.

gomaish

May 9, 2004
Jurong
pretty hard since u don't get control over it. no difference from using a torchlight imo. correct me if i'm wrong.
Doesn't really matter. Would love to use it for other creative shots as well.. So any idea where to purchase this locally?

Dec 12, 2009
I think it fires not through wireless but rather the slave flash has built in light detector. The moment your built in flash fires the slave flash will detect it and fires too.

Locally not sure, may want to try ebay. For people I am not sure if the flash is going to be powerful enough unless is close up head shot.

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
Doesn't really matter. Would love to use it for other creative shots as well.. So any idea where to purchase this locally?
order from amazon.

haven't seen any built in optical flash around this price in sg.

gomaish

May 9, 2004
Jurong
I think it fires not through wireless but rather the slave flash has built in light detector. The moment your built in flash fires the slave flash will detect it and fires too.

Locally not sure, may want to try ebay. For people I am not sure if the flash is going to be powerful enough unless is close up head shot.
Yes I understand how it works. eBay not very cheap though compared to the link I posted above...

order from amazon.

haven't seen any built in optical flash around this price in sg.
SG don't have stock?

YN 460 does have a Slave 2 mode which ignores pre flash. It is very affordable too.
$80+ kind of steep actually for the purpose of just a simple slave...

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
YN 460 does have a Slave 2 mode which ignores pre flash. It is very affordable too.
he is looking for something under $20.00.. i guess or there abouts. it's priced 11+ USD on amazon.

haven't seen anything like this in SG particularly because it won't sell, im guessing.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Even the old Minolta film SLR cameras had this (and now all Sony DSLRs). ;)

@TS, if you're not going to order from Amazon, then $80 for the Yongnuo is already considered cheap. Believe me, in photography, $80 is peanuts.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
$80+ kind of steep actually for the purpose of just a simple slave...
Wah your expectations quite tough to match.
I thought Yongnuo YN460 was already very well priced, considering build quality and features. It recycles pretty fast and has ability to control the output power over a number of levels.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
At this price range, there is no preflash detection. Take a look at suntax.

Top Bottom