External Lens for LX5?

cUppers

Jan 10, 2010
Hi may I know if it is possible to fix fish eye lens to LX5? What will I need? Can anyone recommend the brand and specs of lens eg fisheye or macro?

u can only buy convertor. LX5 is fixed lens, u cannot change.

but note, by adding a convertor, it will decrease picture quality.

Okay thanks! So it is not advisable to use a fisheye lens on lx5? I remembered seeing them on lx3 models here :)

cUppers said:
Okay thanks! So it is not advisable to use a fisheye lens on lx5? I remembered seeing them on lx3 models here :)

its up to you. just telling u. u can only use a convertor to add a fisheye lens. think about this, a glass cover a glass and look thru. is it blur?

If its wider angle you want then get the Original Panasonic 0.75 wide angle converter (DMW-LWA52. You also need the aluminium tube convertor DMW-LA6). The LWA52 is a very high quality optical glass convertor and there is absolutely NO degradation in image quality. I have used this on many overseas trips and the colour reproduction is amazing, especially blue skies and green grass/foliage as it has an inbuilt polarizing coating. Do not waste your time on cheap third party wide angle lenses. They are almost always (or i should say Always) of poor optical quality and WILL degrade your image quality. Pointless.

The LWA52 is about $280 and the adaptor about $50. You might be able to get cheaper online. They are to find locally as even the agent does not want to stock them.

Last edited: