External LCD for Nikon D300

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergmax

Jun 12, 2008
Hi all,

Im using D300 now, often go overseas alone.i find that it is difficult to take pictures alone using tripod with self timer.i have to make a guess where i am standing and often stand at the wrong position.need to try many times before getting it right.

i know that there is a device call "Zigview S2".Other that this,any idea if there are any other options?:)

Practice more, or ask someone to take for you.

Sigh... give answer machiam Speaking thru lungs.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
get a remote control, cheap and good:bsmilie:

What's your budget like? You could get something like those monitors for use in video production. Not cheap though.

sorry to hear that the comments from some of the pple here are not constructive.

No leads on the product you mentioned but i think using a remote is a gd idea.

Hi all,

Im using D300 now, often go overseas alone.i find that it is difficult to take pictures alone using tripod with self timer.i have to make a guess where i am standing and often stand at the wrong position.need to try many times before getting it right.

i know that there is a device call "Zigview S2".Other that this,any idea if there are any other options?:)
"Zigview S2" is expensive, and don't think you able to find something similar and cheaper.

and sure you wouldn't want to set up a notebook for tethered shooting too.

I think when u place your camera on a tripod and compose the scene and decide where you wanna stand, you could look for something prominent nearby where u would wanna be, and then set your timer/remote and go stand at that spot.

For example, if I'm taking a photo of myself against a vast scenic landscape, and there's a fence keeping people from falling off the cliff or something, I'll look for a prominent fence post where I would stand, then compose the scene taking that post as me. Most times, it's pretty accurate. Try that! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.