External Hard Drive: What Brand are you using?

External Hard Drive: What Brand are you using?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ice15

Jan 19, 2009
Singapore
ice15.wordpress.com
Since I know that all of us has different stories when it comes to hard disks, I have decided to start a poll to see which hard disk is the most used among ClubSNAP members.

If your hard disk is not a popular brand, BUT you know that it uses a Samsung hard disk (or any other brand) inside, please select "Samsung"

Same thing if your using an enclosure, please indicate the specific brand of hard disk you are using.

If you have no idea on the brand of hard disk you're using, then you may select others.

Do not select a hard disk which you are presently NOT using.

Multiple selection can be made if you're using 2 or more brands.

Imation Apollo. No idea who made the hardisk.

hitachi 160G (dunno model), plugged out from my mbp when i upgrade the hdd to WD 500G then i buy a casing so can reuse as a portable hdd. :)

Currently a Fujitsu 160Gb 2.5'' HDD running in a brandless external HDD casing.
It was in my Macbook a year ago though. Currently i have a WD5000BEVT (WD Blue 500Gb) running inside my Macbook :lovegrin:

western digital and seagate in them i trust :)

Western digital. :)

Western Digital. Love the warranty.

Was using the Mybook studio 320gb. Just sent one for RMA last week and they sent me back the 1tb version! :eek:

mix match of seagate, WD, Maxtor

Sorry, but what is the objective(s) of this poll? To see whether great minds think alike? Or to tell yourself that buying XXX brand will be safe since most people buys the same? Or make a poll and forget it?

No head no tail.

I used Hitachi/IBM for over 10 years, no issues of failure. 6 months ago my WD failed on me, less than a year old drive.

Last edited:
Sorry, but what is the objective(s) of this poll? To see whether great minds think alike? Or to tell yourself that buying XXX brand will be safe since most people buys the same? Or make a poll and forget it?

No head no tail.

I used Hitachi/IBM for over 10 years, no issues of failure. 6 months ago my WD failed on me, less than a year old drive.

I am trying to see which brand is most used by Clubsnap members.

More users mean the brand is trusted by more people.

This maybe due to advices from other people or personal experiences.

I am planning to get a HD soon, Seagate never failed on me (my oldest drive was bought 1994) and I have had bad experiences with Maxtor and WD. But seeing that majority of members uses WD, maybe its worth to try again.

was at challenger earlier and stuck in between WD or Seagate.

after reading this thread, maybe i will go back for WD

using an old Seagate FreeAgent 320GB 3.5" now but it's filling up fast so upgrading is being planned - maybe a 1.5 or 2TB 3.5".

Was looking around - the Seagate 2TB external is abt S$330. Definitely more cost-effective than the 1 / 1.5TB for sure but not sure if i want to "put all my eggs in the same basket"...

using an old Seagate FreeAgent 320GB 3.5" now but it's filling up fast so upgrading is being planned - maybe a 1.5 or 2TB 3.5".

Was looking around - the Seagate 2TB external is abt S$330. Definitely more cost-effective than the 1 / 1.5TB for sure but not sure if i want to "put all my eggs in the same basket"...
i think its not wise to "put all your eggs in the same basket"

you never know... ;)