External Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng60232

Mar 19, 2006
Hi

Can anybody advice if I can fire both the on board flash & an external flash (on flash gun cable) at the same time?

Thanks..:D

Hi Eng60232,
Sorry I don't have a crystal ball so I need your help in order to help you.
What is your setup, hope its not "nothing yet, I'm just asking for fun". :confused:

Hi Eng60232,
Sorry I don't have a crystal ball so I need your help in order to help you.
What is your setup, hope its not "nothing yet, I'm just asking for fun". :confused:

TS, what is your camera model? Which external flash do you have? :dunno:

Oops Sorry my bad...
LX5 and thinking of using it with either FL220 or FL360..
best if can use my Nikon SB800??:embrass:

thanks

And if you don't like having both flashes shooting at your subject, tape a piece of unprocessed film to the cam's flash. It will block out the light but lets the IR thru to trigger your external flash.
I must credit Palangsi for teaching me this trick.

You can use your flash to trigger the SB800 (optical slave)

Hi Anson
Could you advice me how I can use the LX5 on board flash to trigger my SB800? Buy flashgun cable and a converter?

Thanks for the sharing..:thumbsup:

Thanks LoneWolff

Hi Anson
Could you advice me how I can use the LX5 on board flash to trigger my SB800? Buy flashgun cable and a converter?

Thanks for the sharing..:thumbsup:

Thanks LoneWolff

You can refer to http://www.flickr.com/groups/speedlight/discuss/72157606675703161/ on how to set your SB800 as optical slave.

Basically when the flash on your LX5 fires, your SB800 would also be triggered too. Using this method you do not require to purchase flashgun cable and a converter. However do note that you are shooting in manual flash and there is no TTL compensation.

You can refer to http://www.flickr.com/groups/speedlight/discuss/72157606675703161/ on how to set your SB800 as optical slave.

Basically when the flash on your LX5 fires, your SB800 would also be triggered too. Using this method you do not require to purchase flashgun cable and a converter. However do note that you are shooting in manual flash and there is no TTL compensation.

Thanks a lot Anson I will try. :thumbsup::D

Status
Not open for further replies.