external flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

motionid

Mar 30, 2008
tampines
Hi fellow clubsnaps!
Im a newbie in photography.i wanna ask the pros here why and when do u need a external flash?what do external flash like 480ex and 580ex do?and why cant we just use the built in flash?i see alot of pros put a card or something on their flash.is they a thread or a article anyway for me to learn it from?

nixontkl

Nov 12, 2007
Punggol
nixontang.multiply.com
Ext flash
1. very hard to have red eye effect
2. further reach
3. allow for more creative lighting, bouncing the light off ceiling or wall
4. ext flash will not be block by wide angle lens and hood causing a dark area in picture
5. more power to bright up a larger area

the weird white card
1. its call a bounce card
2. use it to reflect light, to throw light forward while flash is shooting upwards (generally)
3. light bounce off the card is softer, bigger card = more light bounce (can be good can be bad)

go search the forum for 'a better bounce card' there is instruction to make one yourself and also picture to show u the diff between direct flash and bounce flash
BTW direct flash = the flash pointing ahead inline with your lens, which is what your build in flash is only capable of.

Last edited:

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
Hi fellow clubsnaps!
Im a newbie in photography.i wanna ask the pros here why and when do u need a external flash?what do external flash like 480ex and 580ex do?and why cant we just use the built in flash?i see alot of pros put a card or something on their flash.is they a thread or a article anyway for me to learn it from?
i hate to say this

but google is your best friend, loads of good articles out there on external flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom