external flash unit

badflu

Feb 15, 2011
hi can anyone give me pointers on flash photography? i just bought a external flash unit wanting to learn the fundamentals of flash photography..i using 60D with 530exII

external flashes give your pics better results when used off-cam. if no choice but to mount on-cam (like in events), bounce the light off walls/ceilings rather than straight-on. lastly, read up/google/youtube more on strobing, you'll find it a very interesting side of photography.

have fun with lights!

hi can anyone give me pointers on flash photography? i just bought a external flash unit wanting to learn the fundamentals of flash photography..i using 60D with 530exII
beside reading the user manual, searching google, youtube, you can also read this book, can be found in our national library.

mastering-digital-flash-photography.jpg

thanks alot i will read up more cause i am required to help my friend to do some school pageant shoots don't want to screw it up=X

thanks alot i will read up more cause i am required to help my friend to do some school pageant shoots don't want to screw it up=X

Good luck! If confident then agree to do. If not confident, say your skill not there, so you can set expectations.

Good luck. I think you will need it.

badflu said:

I also just got a new flash sunpak, just to learn about flash photography

Yes, just shoot, in order to learn

daredevil123 said:
Which model of sunpak did you get?

Can't rem now. Not the high range one lah. Should be low range model.

So far ok. I got it cheap, so play for awhile first