External Flash trigger voltage - reply from Suntax

Status
Not open for further replies.
another option is try emoblitz ds328az for digital cameras. it has low trigger voltage and will not harm your fz20

how much does a suntax 328 DT and 328DTZ cost...? what's the difference between both...?

What is a diffusier...?? issit the white white cap that u cap over ur flash...???

heee... my ultra noobie in photography...

Enlightment pls...???

Thanks...

Hong Jia said:
how much does a suntax 328 DT and 328DTZ cost...? what's the difference between both...?

What is a diffusier...?? issit the white white cap that u cap over ur flash...???

heee... my ultra noobie in photography...

Enlightment pls...???

Thanks...

Got my 328DTZ from AP @ S$50, think both cost the same and features are the same except for D is dedicated with extra 3 small stud like contacts beside the ISO contact to the hotshoe, that can be used on Nikon, canon,etc.
diffusier is same as Omibounce which make the flash less harsh.

Read more from this forum about the info you require - try search topic,
see similar info posted earlier :
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=99210&page=1&pp=20

tsin said:
another option is try emoblitz ds328az for digital cameras. it has low trigger voltage and will not harm your fz20
I bought that model for $60. Auto at F2.8 and speed 1/60, one setting only. With slave function. So, it can be used for cameras without hotshoe. The trigger voltage is less than 6 volts.

it's an interesting flash. pity it doesn't swivel horizontally to allow bouncing off the ceiling with the camera in portrait orientation.

mpenza said:
it's an interesting flash. pity it doesn't swivel horizontally to allow bouncing off the ceiling with the camera in portrait orientation.

In cases like this, I always get my assistant to use the hand torch. :embrass:

Does the Suntex 328DTZ comes with a warranty card?
I bought mine from MS color (AMK) today, but there is no warranty card with it. I bought it at $60.

Please advice.

The sales person there don't sounds friendly. :thumbsd: I guess this might be my last purchase from them... They don't know how to PR, and they did not know words of mouth can spreed like wild fire. Their attitude is like look: " Want Buy, Buy! Don't Buy, Bye!"

Will visit the other shops mentioned in this forum this weekend.
Still in need of a tripod.

tkp77 said:
Does the Suntex 328DTZ comes with a warranty card?
I bought mine from MS color (AMK) today, but there is no warranty card with it. I bought it at $60.

Please advice.

The sales person there don't sounds friendly. :thumbsd: I guess this might be my last purchase from them... They don't know how to PR, and they did not know words of mouth can spreed like wild fire. Their attitude is like look: " Want Buy, Buy! Don't Buy, Bye!"

Will visit the other shops mentioned in this forum this weekend.
Still in need of a tripod.

It should comes with the warranty card.

MS, AP or CP are like that, unless you are regular there, or that you "unintentionally" told that that you know that they are selling from the internet, then they will treat you better...That's my personal experience, it works most of the time....

JimDavis said:
It should comes with the warranty card.

MS, AP or CP are like that, unless you are regular there, or that you "unintentionally" told that that you know that they are selling from the internet, then they will treat you better...That's my personal experience, it works most of the time....

Haha... so did they treat you better now?

My gosh... damn, I have to go back there again to get that stupid warranty card... wasting time... haiz....

tkp77 said:
Haha... so did they treat you better now?

My gosh... damn, I have to go back there again to get that stupid warranty card... wasting time... haiz....

Hahahaha...I used this trick at the beginning when I first visited the shops.

MS even gave me some discount on some stuffs that I bought from them.

For MS, if you want better service and attention, try not to go in to the shop where it is crowded, especially when they are trying hard to close a deal with someone who wants to buy a camera, they will put their 101% attention to their potential camera buyers...this is somehow the way they do business, and that's my observation.

Once you visited them a few more time, they will serve you better in the sense that they will take out the accessories for you to play with while they are attending to other customers, but, remember to bring along your cam, if not, you will not get a chance to play...

Ok, I will say they are not so bad after all. Only thing is that they are alittle impatient... He did lend me the FZ20 and the flash to take a few shots...

Think of it, maybe I am not their regular, furthermore did not buy the cam from him...

hmm.... think I will give them another chances... haha.... :bsmilie:

Eh sorry ah bros, i OT a bit...anyone of you tried canon 420ex flash with the FZ20? Cos not sure if can use or not.. :dunno:

anyone can help?

snapMan said:
Eh sorry ah bros, i OT a bit...anyone of you tried canon 420ex flash with the FZ20? Cos not sure if can use or not.. :dunno:

anyone can help?

JimDavis just taught us a very cool way to get the shops out there to let you test... maybe you like to give it a try...

Anyway, did not try that out. The salesperson was already not very happy when I ask him too many questions on the 328DTZ.

haha will do..just wondering if the suntax is able to fire for each shot for burst mode for the camera? Like if the camera taking burst of 3 shots then the flash will fire for each shot.

snapMan said:
haha will do..just wondering if the suntax is able to fire for each shot for burst mode for the camera? Like if the camera taking burst of 3 shots then the flash will fire for each shot.

Hmmmm....good question...never tried that before, and I am sure I can try it out tomorrow night when I am attending my friend's wedding dinner... ;)

snapMan said:

For what I know, Suntax 328DTZ model it can support burst mode.
According to the guy who sold me, it will charge up the capacitor in it, therefore the flash recycle time is faster.

Need other members here to confirm this. coz I'm very new too. :)

tkp77 said:
For what I know, Suntax 328DTZ model it can support burst mode.
According to the guy who sold me, it will charge up the capacitor in it, therefore the flash recycle time is faster.

Need other members here to confirm this. coz I'm very new too. :)

If you consider 1 shot every 4 secs, then yes it supports burst mode, 'cos that's how long the flash takes to recharge in between shots. :think:

so it means unable to support burst mode lor..*lol*..unless your burst mode is like what Zenten said - 1 frame per 4 secs! ;)

snapMan said:
I :dunno: the flash will be fast enough to fire the second shoot, I know at least for FZ10 and my Vivitar 283 is not able to. External Flash will not work in busrt mode. Or maybe I do not know how to use it. :bsmilie:

awongkk said:
I :dunno: the flash will be fast enough to fire the second shoot, I know at least for FZ10 and my Vivitar 283 is not able to. External Flash will not work in busrt mode. Or maybe I do not know how to use it. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the imput Awongkk! Well, reason why i asked this is cos i read on here: http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1981

I Quote FZ20knowitall "...I first purchased Panasonics recommended flash (FL-28 I believe). ....you can fire this flash for three consecutive shots which I find to be very useful. The built in flash it is only one shot at a time....."

Status
Not open for further replies.