external flash on PS camera wo hotshoe, how do they sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I think I saw some PS cameras with an external flash. How do they sync when there is no
hotshoe on the camera? :confused:

My Oly 5060 has a standard hotshoe. Not all PnS have hotshoe though.
If no hotshoe and no flash sync socket, then I dunno :dunno:

d ext flash has a triggering devise tt detect d flash popped by d cam's flash, den itself trigger off bah. :think: not sure wads d lag time oni. :sweat:

d ext flash has a triggering devise tt detect d flash popped by d cam's flash, den itself trigger off bah. :think: not sure wads d lag time oni. :sweat:

yeah, i am reading that also.
I guess it's called slave flash thingy.
Some websites say as long as near normal 1/60s, the lag time is okie.

Still, does it mean when camera manufactorer write "External flash support: No",
but the cam has internal flash, any capable slave flash would prob work with it.
Am I right?
:confused:

Use flash slave (called SU4). This flash slave is put on flash hotshoe to trigger the flash by camera's flash output. Some flash like Nikon SB-800 does have internal SU4 function, which can be triggered by compact flash camera without need flash slave.

Regards,
Arto.

Yes, use a slave adapter, and have the flash on the PnS covered with an IR (Infrared) filter. The CCD would be less sensitive to IR ray, but the slave adapter would be 100% sensitive. Make sure the F stop and ISO setting on both the camera and flash unit tele. you now bounce to ceiling, side way, or even rear corner for group shot, if yours' external flash is powerful enough !;p in "A" mode

The Infrared filter for the flash can be easily made, by processing a roll of unexposed slide film. I've alot of left over, to share with you free, those whom has interest to try. Please PM me:)

I've a Fuji F30, which can operate nicely on ASA800, with the aid of a very old Metz 40MZ2, I can easily shoot under F5.6, even F8 (ASA800 !). This is impossible in the good old days, whilst the usable ASA restrict to 100 or 200 !

practically as long as the camera have a flash, it is enough to trigger slave flash.

Some slave flash are not design to read the pre-flashes of the newer cameras, so just be aware about that.

../azul123

sunpak remotelite II? is it one of these slave flashes u tokign bout?

Status
Not open for further replies.