External flash for Oly C7xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterfly

Sep 9, 2002
Visit site
What external flash did u guys get for your oly 7xx series cameras?

shutterfly said:
What external flash did u guys get for your oly 7xx series cameras?

If cash no issue, get fl50. bigger the better.
if $ limited, get any manual or dedicated flash with safe trigger voltage. Get bigger one better, so that can set smaller aperture at lower ISO with bounce in big room or in more demanding situation (macro). I think cycle time between flash also important, bigger size one normally faster :D

bigmouse said:
If cash no issue, get fl50. bigger the better.
if $ limited, get any manual or dedicated flash with safe trigger voltage. Get bigger one better, so that can set smaller aperture at lower ISO with bounce in big room or in more demanding situation (macro). I think cycle time between flash also important, bigger size one normally faster :D

I see that you are using Achiever TZ250? How much is it and good enough? Cash is definitely an issue. :D Use mostly for macro n indoor shoot like party, etc.

shutterfly said:
I see that you are using Achiever TZ250? How much is it and good enough? Cash is definitely an issue. :D Use mostly for macro n indoor shoot like party, etc.

The TZ250 cost about S$70 a year ago but now no more production and there are newer models (DZ632).
http://www.epinions.com/Achiever_TZ250_Multi_Dedicated_Flash__Flashes_9tz250/display_~full_specs

http://www.achiever.com.hk/flash/dedicate.html

For Macro: No problem with bounce at iso50 & f8

For typical indoor with bounce card at 90 degree (straight up into ceiling):
Flash auto mode: limitation is iso 100 & F2.8 -4.Any lower iso or aperture --> under exposure.

manual mode: limited to iso 100, f2.8 - 5.6, anylower ISO or aperture---> under exposure.

Adequate or not? For me, of course not lah because I want one that can go iso50, f8 with bounce for at least 20m :D But don't think can find in the market. The achiever cheapo flash can perform ok for me.

macross said:

I wound not recommend the 115 A/s as it is too weak and there is no bounce for indoor shoots--> red eyes & harsh lighting. My 2 cents advise. For macro is ok but get bounce better.

Hmmm, can the DZ632 work with the C-2100? Do I need to get the olympus bracket or do I just need the olympus FL-CB01 cable? And where can I get Achiever flashes?

Vulpix0r said:
Hmmm, can the DZ632 work with the C-2100? Do I need to get the olympus bracket or do I just need the olympus FL-CB01 cable? And where can I get Achiever flashes?
write to them n hope they provide u the ans.
http://www.achiever.com.hk/support.html
then check if spore have with yellow pgs.

:D

bigmouse said:
write to them n hope they provide u the ans.
http://www.achiever.com.hk/support.html
then check if spore have with yellow pgs.

:D

If you are looking for a TTL flash for the C-750, I think the only brands beside Olympus are Metz and Promaster (Not too sure if I've spelled correctly). To my knowledge, only the Metz flash are available in Singapore.

Cheers.
Raymond

any recommendation where to get budget and good external flashes for C750?? :D

original oly flash is very expensive and looks quite bulky in size when fix onto the camera. :confused:

SuRfTeC said:
any recommendation where to get budget and good external flashes for C750?? :D

original oly flash is very expensive and looks quite bulky in size when fix onto the camera. :confused:

anyone any suggestions? :dunno:

hi guys,

i have tried using a nikon flash (Sb80dx) on the oly c750 camera and it works fine...

but it has no ttl mode can only use auto mode. have to set the iso settings at 100 and the aperture of flash to be the same as the camera's.

picture quality is still fine with me.... :D

but one thing bad is it drains the battery from the camera quite fast... cos the sb80dx uses more power...
have to prepare a few spare batt... ;p

just provide some info for all c750 users... and maybe get some feedback from you guys...

cheers

i have a olympus c-750 and a metz flashgun mecablitz MB20 BC6
are they compatible?
if they are.. den i dun need to hunt for another flash..

koodsim said:
i have a olympus c-750 and a metz flashgun mecablitz MB20 BC6
are they compatible?
if they are.. den i dun need to hunt for another flash..

Is your MB20 BC6 a TTL flash ? If it is, then I think you may need the metz adaptor for Olympus model in order to use it in TTL mode.

Also check the voltage of the flash, be sure it won't hurt your C-750.

My 2 cents.
Cheers.
Raymond

SuRfTeC said:

but one thing bad is it drains the battery from the camera quite fast... cos the sb80dx uses more power...
have to prepare a few spare batt... ;p

How come the external flash uses power from the camera? Don't they have their own power source?

Raymond

Raymondb said:
How come the external flash uses power from the camera? Don't they have their own power source?

Raymond

not sure too.... read the tirgger voltage for sb80 is 4+Volts so i guess it takes the power from the camera to trigger the flash to fire and the power from the flash itself to output the amount of light. :what:

please correct me if im wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.