External Flash for LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSuiyoken

Aug 17, 2008
I cant tolerate the in built flash for the LX3 anymore!

Anyone with an LX3 tried any external flash that works and is worth to buy? Please recommend with price and place to get if possible!

I've seen some ppl talk about the external flash for the LX3 before, but I'm not sure which one is the perfect one since there wasnt a real conclusion..

I cant tolerate the in built flash for the LX3 anymore!

Anyone with an LX3 tried any external flash that works and is worth to buy? Please recommend with price and place to get if possible!

I've seen some ppl talk about the external flash for the LX3 before, but I'm not sure which one is the perfect one since there wasnt a real conclusion..

Can try the olympus FL36 or tumax 386 (very big for the LX3 thou).

I use my SB-800 on it, and it works fine. Though there is no iTTL compatibility, I use it on Manual setting.

any idea how much and where to get the olympus fl36?

check out olympus sale folder. sometime ppl sell there $180 to $200+.

You may want to check out the Tumax range. I just got mine today.
Fully compatible with the LX3.

http://artworkfoto.blogspot.com/search/label/Flash

I used to use the Metz c-20 - manual and auto at 2 apertures 2.8 and 5.6. Worked quite well actually. Small and light. Cost about 80 from Orient Photo.

Cooties....

I used to use the Metz c-20 - manual and auto at 2 apertures 2.8 and 5.6. Worked quite well actually. Small and light. Cost about 80 from Orient Photo.

Cooties....

U got the 386?

Cooties....

Thanks alot for the tip! If it is really fully compatible, this looks just like what I'm looking for..

hi, comparing Tumax brand new($190) vs FL-36 used(~$180), which is a better buy? i am totally n00b in flash photography...

Canon 580 EX II works rather well ;)
3708308639_3c1a87632d.jpg

Especially if your hand is kindda big like mine and finds the LX3 too small to handle, can use the flash instead.
Just kidding, looking at the Mezt C-20 myself too.

The metz 20C-2 is not really fully compatible. It functions in manual mode and auto at the 2 apertures mentioned. There is no TTL metering, no adjustment of type of flash from the LX3 (i.e. only forced flash on or off only), and no adujsment of flash output from the camera. It works well for night group shots where the little LX3 pop up CMI.
Pluses - small and cheap, size does not overwhelm the LX3 (which my tumax now does!!), refector can swivel up for reflected flash.
I'm still keeping my small metz for travelling, and using the tumax...hmmm...possibly as a slave for additional lighting.....

Cooties....

hi there, I purchased FL36R at 290 in Funan last month. Connected to hot shoe directly, it works in full automatic mode, result is great, TTL is also active.

Anyone can recommend me how to fix the damn Ebay Remote trigger to my tripod, which gear to buy, how much and where to buy ? I've been eyeing the Tagotech lightstand kit but not sure if it can fit the flimsy ebay remote trigger screw.

Thanks

Cooties....

Can I know where is this Orient Photo located at? Very keen to purchase an external flash for my LX3.

I think most flashes will work on LX3, the only complain i have is that it's a little awkward as flashes like SB800 is too bulky for a small camera like LX3. I use my SB30 with it and it works pretty well and is small enough:)

But the Sb30 does not allow TTL function for the LX3 rite ?

Status
Not open for further replies.