External Battery Grip for Pentax K5

AlphaK

Deregistered
Jan 15, 2012
h.t.t.p://www.dealextreme.com/p/external-battery-grip-for-pentax-k7-dslr-31967

sku_31967_1.jpg

Anyone have experience with it on their K-5? can share?

thanks

h.t.t.p://www.dealextreme.com/p/external-battery-grip-for-pentax-k7-dslr-31967

sku_31967_1.jpg

Anyone have experience with it on their K-5? can share?

thanks

I used it on my K7 and love it. Only thing is that the wording will fade after some time. Great product for that price but remember that it is NOT Weather Sealed. The option to use AA batteries is an advantage if you really need it for emergencies.

Currently, I am not using the grip as it has died on me and I am too lazy to replace it. Lasted me 1 year 9 months of usage.

I used it on my K7 and love it. Only thing is that the wording will fade after some time. Great product for that price but remember that it is NOT Weather Sealed. The option to use AA batteries is an advantage if you really need it for emergencies.

Currently, I am not using the grip as it has died on me and I am too lazy to replace it. Lasted me 1 year 9 months of usage.

wow, interesting. i can make do with the missing word.

The original 1 uses aa batteries as well right ? Any other diff against the both (original and the above)

Last edited:
wow, interesting. i can make do with the missing word.

The original 1 uses aa batteries as well right ? Any other diff against the both (original and the above)

Like I posted earlier,"Great product for that price but remember that it is NOT Weather Sealed"

Like I posted earlier,"Great product for that price but remember that it is NOT Weather Sealed"

im fine with it without it. thanks for the insights

The feel of the button is very bad & nothing like the original right?

Save your money and get the original grip even though it's more expensive. The third party battery grip will make your expensive K-5 look and feel like a cheapo camera when it's attached.

The buttons are crappy, the plastic will eventually become shiny, the paint will wear off, the on-off dial is loose, the battery door lever will snap off, and it's not weatherproof.

Thankfully I managed to DIY fix my battery door with the spare AA battery tray, but now that I bought the original D-BG4, this grip has been packed up and kept away, maybe as a backup someday.