External Batt for FZ10 - recommendation required

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
I am so glad to see finally a true Pana thread here!

I am now looking into making my FZ10 a little more professional than it is supposed to be, few things that I am looking at:

1. External Batt
2. Ultra Wide angle lense and adapter
3. Micro filter and adapter

Just wonder if anyone care to share the knowledge and experience?

JimDavis said:

I am now looking into making my FZ10 a little more professional than it is supposed to be, few things that I am looking at:

1. External Batt

You might like to read the other posts in the forum. I believe they are discussed extensively

JimDavis said:

1. External Batt

eh, long time do not hear from you. I'm also looking for the above mention.

1. External Batt :think: I did'nt know it support that.

You can also look at here for those that i know of.

http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz10/index.htm

Hope it help. :D

awongkk said:

Ya, I was on vacation visiting Yunnan, after coming back, busy with work, as well as the selection of my Yunnan photos, 1,000+ of them...will share out once they all gets done. :)

I will try to see if I can find more information from the other threads. Just wonder if FZ20 posting will be applicable to FZ10 too?

Actually you can make your own battery pack. Just go to Sim Lim Tower get a few battery holders, solder the wire into the appropriate sized plug and plug it into the camera. I dont have my camera with me now.. the voltage is 7.2V if I'm not wrong which means 6 1.2V AA batteries. You can get a set of 4 very good 2200 mAh batts for $17-20. The savings is not miuch considering a spare batt is $29 but you can use the AAs for your external flash etc.

awongkk said:

awongkk: I found this piece of information from this forum, just wonder if anyone here can understand what he has done?

Obviously, he did a great job to mount the external battery pack, but cannot understand how he mounted the battery pack to the camera at all, even after looking at the photos that he had taken.

The battery pack that he used seems to be Digipower DPS-9000, I just found it selling at Amazon web site, specification listed 7.2 volt, should be ok right?

Just wonder if there is anyone interested in exploring buying the battery pack together?

JimDavis said:
Obviously, he did a great job to mount the external battery pack, but cannot understand how he mounted the battery pack to the camera at all, even after looking at the photos that he had taken.

The battery pack is mounted by a screw to the thread where you normally screw the tripod to the camera. What that battery pack basically does is to connect to the camera via the DC input jack (at the mid-right of the camera body).

Firefox said:
The battery pack is mounted by a screw to the thread where you normally screw the tripod to the camera. What that battery pack basically does is to connect to the camera via the DC input jack (at the mid-right of the camera body).

Do you have one? What is your opinion of having one?

I am very, very tempting to get 1 soon....

Hi guys, seriously, is it worthwhile to get an external batt pack for the FZ20?
For me, I think it is definitely much easier to carry a spare lithium-ion batt and pop it in. Even when you are overseas, carry the batt charger with you is not problem, right? :)

Can the FZ20 take normal AAA batteries too? or just the lithium bats? thkz. .

Zenten said:
Hi guys, seriously, is it worthwhile to get an external batt pack for the FZ20?
For me, I think it is definitely much easier to carry a spare lithium-ion batt and pop it in. Even when you are overseas, carry the batt charger with you is not problem, right? :)

It all depends on individuals. I prefer to have external batt pack for the 2 reasons:

1. For overseas trip, though charging batt might not be a problem, but at time, we may not have all the time and energy to do so all the nights. This is really true if one were to join a tour group.

2. If flash (either internal or external) were to be used, batt will dry up faster. With external flash, we will not need to worry about batt low, particularly when there is a solid 2 hour stage performance that you would like to take photos. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.