Extent of digital manipulation accepted by competitions?

canalrat

Nov 30, 2008
Am I right to say that for this photo :
IMG_8075_cropped_edited.JPG

it will be accepted for

a) "Images that are digitally enhanced or manipulated are allowed as long as the reality of the image is not distorted. "

and rejected for

b)"Minimal digital manipulation (i.e. only manipulations such as colour enhancement, cropping) is allowed. However, adding or removing key elements of the composition is strongly discouraged and may not be accepted for judging." ?

Or will it be rejected for both?

Thanks!

Am I right to say that for this photo :
IMG_8075_cropped_edited.JPG

it will be accepted for

a) "Images that are digitally enhanced or manipulated are allowed as long as the reality of the image is not distorted. "

and rejected for

b)"Minimal digital manipulation (i.e. only manipulations such as colour enhancement, cropping) is allowed. However, adding or removing key elements of the composition is strongly discouraged and may not be accepted for judging." ?

Or will it be rejected for both?

Thanks!

help you posted a larger version.

you added in the love shape? if yes, confirm reject.

and the rules, "minimal digital manipulation", i don't think your photo is acceptable.

but it is still the best if you can try call/email them and ask? they will provide the most accurate answer.

oh ok then. thanks!

show the original photo.

most competitions will ask for the original unedited copy to see how much you have done.

if you did add in that vague heart shape, that will constitute as overmanipulation in my book - distortion of reality. vignetting is slightly different from adding a heart shape in the picture. that said, sometimes you can always try your luck.