Extension Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1808

Nov 22, 2008
West
Hi all CSers,

I'm thinking of buying ExtensionTube for my Tokina 100mm f2.8 AT-X Pro Macro lens, any specifty "brand" that can only be use by Tokina lens?

Sorry I'm very new to Macro shooting need advise from the senior~:)

Your selection will depend on the mount of the Tokina. In your case it will be the F mount extension tubes. 3rd party extension tube makers like Kenko / Triplus are examples that will provide continuity of electronics from the lens to the camera, enabling functions like metering AF etc ( although the later is probably not that essential ) Nikon themselves do not have extension tubes that provides such electronic contacts.

Ryan

Hi giantcanopy,

Sorry...er.....not really understand your explanation :embrass: but If I'm going to get extension tube for my lens (ohya, my camera is D90) I should look into the F-mount type?

Extension Tube is it referring to extension ring? :what:

Hi giantcanopy,

Sorry...er.....not really understand your explanation :embrass: but If I'm going to get extension tube for my lens (ohya, my camera is D90) I should look into the F-mount type?

Extension Tube is it referring to extension ring? :what:

Yup the extension tube makers manufacture according to the lens mount.
Yup Extension tubes are also referred to as extension rings.

Ryan

Yup the extension tube makers manufacture according to the lens mount.
Yup Extension tubes are also referred to as extension rings.

Ryan

OKie OKie~ Thanks Ryan :D Ohya btw, is the extension tubes sell in 1 set? or can get it seperately or is it worth to get in 1 set? Any suggestion?

There are single ones and also those in sets, such as this Kenko extension tube set

n555885435_2038640_7233.jpg

12, 20, 36mm

41v9zGNgd4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

25mm

There is no wrong getting either. You can actually get better prices in our buy and sell / personal classifieds, and since there is no optics involved ( just a hollow tube ) there is not too much worry of getting a bad set as compared to used lenses.

Ryan

There are single ones and also those in sets, such as this Kenko extension tube set

n555885435_2038640_7233.jpg

12, 20, 36mm

41v9zGNgd4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

25mm

There is no wrong getting either. You can actually get better prices in our buy and sell / personal classifieds, and since there is no optics involved ( just a hollow tube ) there is not too much worry of getting a bad set as compared to used lenses.

Ryan

hi giantcanopy

Thanks for the above info (I kept it in fav. so I can refer to it when I intend to go buy for it next time ;)),

These few days I read and search in forum and I think I want get a DCR-250 first to try on macro. The result seem not back as some of our Csers are using it. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.