Extension cord for Sony ACC port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfer18

Apr 9, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Anyone knows anything about this?

My aim was to use sony flash off-shoe & multi flash, so need a longer wire. Sony does not have such item. I have also went to Sim Lim Tower to get the connectors. Nobody seems to have this 4 wire phone jack connectors.

From what I know this connectors are the same as Nokia Handphone ear piece. Can anyone help where can I find such connector? Both Male & female connectors. I am sure if we can get these connectors, can make the remote trigger cable easily. Also can use multi flash onto Sony digital camera. Great saving here.

Currently I am using a Nikon SB-22s flash at full manal control to use off-shoe flash method.

Regards,
Mic

ratboy said:

Hey there thanks for the link! At least now I know someone had make it work. The cost of getting the connector from States is not reasonable. I read something like US$6 Processing fee, US$5 Postage, plus connectors cost .... Don't know anywhere can get it locally? Still thinks the Nokia Hand free ear will works for the male side connector, because it's a four wire connectors... The only problem is the female connector side. The only way I have now is to break a nokia phone to get 1... hehehe... not a good idea also...

By the way I have make my portable Flash AC powered .... By using my old Zip drives AC adapter... it read 5v 1A. I have resolder it to audio connectors to link to four high powered flash. I just use clips to hold onto the contactors inside the flash. Flash I use with this setup is Minolta 5400HS, Nikon SB-22s, Slave flash & Sony HVC-L 1000.

try RS Component 6865 3400
or Farnell Components 6283 5885

They should have it
I do not have my handy catalog with me now : (

Please post part number + pricing + mass order ?? : )

on a side note
did anyone ever built their own RMDR-1 wired remote ?
I just need a remote to fire the shutter
and dun want to pay to much $$ for one .....

i suppose the remote button is like the normal 4 wire... +EE- den just short the +&- to make close circuit... only thing is... which wires...

upon thinking... i think i slapping myself... i think the other 2 wires might have use... or mayb they use a variable kinda switch... 'pressure sensitive'? cos when its slightly pressed its for focus, hard press is shoot...

Hard to say

I thought the remote also supported zooming of lens on the 717 ?
so maybe there is some chip in the remote ?

That aside, the 4 pole 2.5mm jack seems to be quite difficult to obtain
I checked both Farnell's & RS component's catalog and they also do
not carry it : (

Time to take a walk in Sim Lim Tower again .....

Later

maybe someone technical can find out for us how their remote works? I dont mind doing it if someone can lend it to me. for eg like measuring the resistance between 2 points of the remote when pressing different buttons. i suspect that is how it works. pressing different button returns different voltage levels to the camera. one of the pins probably supply the pull high voltage to the remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.