extended warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1Lo1ce

Feb 26, 2009
Singapore
hello everyone.. i'm wondering if it is necessary to get extended warranty on top of the 1 year warranty? should be around $300 for 4 years warranty... :dunno: do people normally claim warranty after 1 year usage? hehh..

It also allows you to send the cam in for servicing every few months to keep it in good condition :)

Either a cam fails within a short period of time after purchase or it just works. Extended warranty is buying a piece of mind that you can also achieve with care and alertness. It is a bet, nothing more. Also, the usual lifecycle of electronics is 3 years or even shorter. Safe the money and get something more useful.

im facing the same dilemma too. shld i get the extended warranty man?? arghhhhh

hello everyone.. i'm wondering if it is necessary to get extended warranty on top of the 1 year warranty? should be around $300 for 4 years warranty... :dunno: do people normally claim warranty after 1 year usage? hehh..

extended warranty for what ? dslr ? what camera brand ? from the brand distributor or a retailer (which is usually backed by an insurance policy) ? i have been enquiring about mine too but the brand distributor told me they don't sell extended warranty package.

canon 50d. u gotta apply for it by mail. go to your camera's brand website n search for the extended warranty section.

extended warranty for what ? dslr ? what camera brand ? from the brand distributor or a retailer (which is usually backed by an insurance policy) ? i have been enquiring about mine too but the brand distributor told me they don't sell extended warranty package.

TS referring to dslr camera i think, 4 years extended warranty from Harvey Norman will cost you $285, like wat some said, the extended warranty can buy you a piece of mind, but this can also be done with extra care when handling your equipment.

i also faced the same dillema a few months back, in the end i decided to get the EW for piece of mind, because that's my first dslr, and i'm going to stick to it for the coming few years, just go ahead and get the extended warranty if you feel like getting. :)

TS referring to dslr camera i think, 4 years extended warranty from Harvey Norman will cost you $285, like wat some said, the extended warranty can buy you a piece of mind, but this can also be done with extra care when handling your equipment.

i also faced the same dillema a few months back, in the end i decided to get the EW for piece of mind, because that's my first dslr, and i'm going to stick to it for the coming few years, just go ahead and get the extended warranty if you feel like getting. :)

I agree with you and certainly will get one if Sony provides but unfortunately I bought the camera from CP. Won't hesistate if Sony or any third party insurance offers me one. I have EW for my LG HDD DVD Recorder, Samsung LCD TV, Compaq Notebook, IBM Notebook and Acerone Netbook....basically, as long as it is considered a big ticket item to me or an item which I think I would keep for years without succumbing to the temptation to upgrade, I will purchase EW for peace of mind. I purchased EW (for 3 yrs) for my IBM notebook 4 years ago and guess what, it conked out at the end of 2nd year. If I had not opted for the EW I would have paid a bomb or possibly put down the computer when the repair entailed replacement of RAM, motherboard and HDD. Who would think an IBM notebook will conk out so extensively so easily. So, if nothing happens, well and good. If something happens, you are covered.

i am seriously wondering if i shld get the extended warranty man. like what's the chances of the product breaking down from inside out. don't forget the warranty only covers manufacture faults, product defects. things like user dropping the camera etc. isnt covered...so if thats the case, what's the chance of a canon camera having a product fault?

i won't get it

if the camera has manufacturing flaw, these will surface within 1 year

otherwise, won't spoil that easily UNLESS you never take proper care

i think it is a waste of money to get extended warranty...if it is a defect, it would have spoiled within a year of use, unless you never use then you wouldn't know..haha.

and with that few hundred you are paying, you can fund more equipment or even a new body cause a new one comes out every two years if you are following the same range.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.