Extended Warranty for Pentax...

normanho23

Jun 1, 2010
Woodlands / Jurong East
Got the quote from Emjay for the below items:

K-x: $68
18-55mm lens: $48
55-300mm lens: $68

Is it really worth to pay for the extended 1yr warranty? 1st time using DSLR so dunno how long the k-x or lens will really last before giving problems. I am not a rough user and I always clean my camera after using.

Advice please... Thanks.

Get for the Kx unless you upgrade bodies everytime something new pops out.

As for the lenses...really depends. If i was getting a lens with SDM and pretty much using it 90% if the time, i would get the extended warranty.

Last edited:

Is it really worth to pay for the extended 1yr warranty? 1st time using DSLR so dunno how long the k-x or lens will really last before giving problems. I am not a rough user and I always clean my camera after using.

Advice please... Thanks.

18-55mm lens bo hua for extended warranty

55-300mm , up to u . lol

Advice please... Thanks.

I don't really like to extent the warranty of any of my stuff, as me myself i'm working in a DVT (Which means Device Verification Testing) team in my company. Which i found out that nowadays, lot's of devices are build to last long than the warranty. And i also heard from one of my sale guy that extended warranty is usally sell to bring the sale up by a little bit.

Moreover, K-x and the lens also last very long too. And i think that you will also upgard the kit lenses into something even more, when you got the money.

I don't really like to extent the warranty of any of my stuff, as me myself i'm working in a DVT (Which means Device Verification Testing) team in my company. Which i found out that nowadays, lot's of devices are build to last long than the warranty. And i also heard from one of my sale guy that extended warranty is usally sell to bring the sale up by a little bit.

Moreover, K-x and the lens also last very long too. And i think that you will also upgard the kit lenses into something even more, when you got the money.

Totally Agreed !!!

But I've a very bad experience years back... using an Olympus ~ mju (3mb)

I've brought this camera with a five year extended warranty (fr Best Denki). Just slightly after the one year (standard) warranty, the camera started to go bersek, on and off... So at the end of the fifth year, I've bring it for repair with a tabulated amount of more than $800++...:eek::sweat:

So lucky for me that I've brought the extended warrany or else the camera has to be R.I.P. earlier than plan....

Last edited: