Ext Hdd, Seagate or Maxtor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Saw these 2 hdd at South Asia, Funan. Wondering which to choose.

Both Seagate and Maxtor had backup feature. Seagate 500gb is $539 and 400gb $449 and 300gb $399.

Maxtor 500gb $449.

Im thinking of either 500gb or 400gb but i cannot decide which to get? In terms of everything, sturdy, stable.. which ext hdd shall I choose? Of course, Seagate does look abit bulky then Maxtor. :(

Both Seagate and Maxtor had backup feature. Seagate 500gb is $539 and 400gb $449 and 300gb $399.

Maxtor 500gb $449.

Im thinking of either 500gb or 400gb but i cannot decide which to get? In terms of everything, sturdy, stable.. which ext hdd shall I choose? Of course, Seagate does look abit bulky then Maxtor. :(

USB type hdd?
3.5 form factor?

If so i'd rather go build my own from SLS using other brands besides these 2.

I'll never trust my data with a maxtor - PERIOD.

if its a maxtor, even if its a free gift, i will have to consider hard whether to use it.

Maxtor 500gb $449.

IIRC, Seagate have 5 years warranty but Maxtor only have 3.

I think I set my mind to get a Casing with Fan and Seagate 3.5" 500gb SATA II ($309)

Wanted to ask, I have to get the casing that is compatible with the HDD SATA II, right? What about the CPU I had doesnt support SATA II but SATA? Still able to use?

Im planning on the casing: Sarotech

nope, casing only 1 yr warranty. HDD still 3 or 5 yrs warranty

i mean if u but the ext hdd from seagate or maxtor. not int hdd with ext casing

Status
Not open for further replies.