Ext. flash for fz5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, in "red eye reduction" mode, FZ5 does fire a pre-flash. The Embolitz can be set to work in "normal" mode or "pre-flash" mode. In the former it fires once it detects the flash, the latter, it'll only fire with the 2nd (main) flash.

metallilan said:
i don't recall the fz5 having pre-flash function...:think:

huggable said:
IIRC, in "red eye reduction" mode, FZ5 does fire a pre-flash. The Embolitz can be set to work in "normal" mode or "pre-flash" mode. In the former it fires once it detects the flash, the latter, it'll only fire with the 2nd (main) flash.

oOo..really? hehe now then i know.

anyway, here's my fz5 rig.

heh all digital cameras, when dark, will fire very fast 2 flashes... 1st one for white balance and exposure, 2nd one for actual photo taking.. don't believe take a photo in the dark and see yourself, with or without red eye..

I might be selling my 328 with accessories, which included DIY bounce card, Omax C-bracket and a straight bracket. Any Lumixers interested? :dunno:

metallilan said:

can u tell mi wat's tat attached under your flash and wat is it for?

oh that..nothing really just an optical slave trigger for flash without slave function. i bought it to test if i could find away to work around the usual trigger shutter speeds for the flash.

metallilan said:
oh that..nothing really just an optical slave trigger for flash without slave function. i bought it to test if i could find away to work around the usual trigger shutter speeds for the flash.

Hey so you got it! Thanks for the pic! I was abit perturbed that the flash bracket can only allow the flash to be placed on the right side of the camera! But silly me, never thought of putting the optical slave trigger the other way round:bsmilie: So now can put on left side! Much easier to hold!

So did it meet your test objective?

tchuanye said:
Hey so you got it! Thanks for the pic! I was abit perturbed that the flash bracket can only allow the flash to be placed on the right side of the camera! But silly me, never thought of putting the optical slave trigger the other way round:bsmilie: So now can put on left side! Much easier to hold!

So did it meet your test objective?

still undergoing tests...did post up some of todays macro @ sbg at the macro section of CS...

Thanks metallilan, learning stuff from you. :)

metallilan said:
hmmm i dun understand..
emoblitz has got 1 built in already right? works very well too I remember..
to work around the usual trigger shutter speeds of 1/60 just open the flash, and use manual mode...

metallilan said:

metallilan

Your flash can adjust power output or not? Considering this as possible replacement.....

tchuanye said:
metallilan

Your flash can adjust power output or not? Considering this as possible replacement.....

nope. just slave flash. no manual controsl whatsover. only has Normal hotshoe synce, and mode1 & mode2 wireless sync.

metallilan said:
nope. just slave flash. no manual controsl whatsover. only has Normal hotshoe synce, and mode1 & mode2 wireless sync.

Thanks!

unseen said:
hmmm i dun understand..
emoblitz has got 1 built in already right? works very well too I remember..
to work around the usual trigger shutter speeds of 1/60 just open the flash, and use manual mode...

That was exectly what i was thinking. Still don't get why is there a limit on the shutter speed. :dunno:

dts_spawn said:
That was exectly what i was thinking. Still don't get why is there a limit on the shutter speed. :dunno:

i think for my camera i can't seem to sync it at the max shutter speed. fire about 5 times also wont work. as for macro i usually set to f8, 1/60 to 1/250. most of the time i have to fire it about 2-3 times before the emoblitz actually fires, thus, i trying to find a simple work around for it.

metallilan said:
i think for my camera i can't seem to sync it at the max shutter speed. fire about 5 times also wont work. as for macro i usually set to f8, 1/60 to 1/250. most of the time i have to fire it about 2-3 times before the emoblitz actually fires, thus, i trying to find a simple work around for it.

bro,
nvr encounter problem like you unless the bty is weak. have you try without using the flash adaptor? maybe the adaptor is the cause of delay action..........

FZ5owner said:
bro,
nvr encounter problem like you unless the bty is weak. have you try without using the flash adaptor? maybe the adaptor is the cause of delay action..........

not the cause of the adaptor...cuz i got the adaptor to try solve the problem ;p and i doubt its battery...mine even strong batt also doesnt fire :embrass:
with adaptor the flash even fires when in direct contact with sunlight! rapid fire summore...haha.

metallilan said:
not the cause of the adaptor...cuz i got the adaptor to try solve the problem ;p and i doubt its battery...mine even strong batt also doesnt fire :embrass:
with adaptor the flash even fires when in direct contact with sunlight! rapid fire summore...haha.

how come?? can it be ur flash problem?? or maybe the adaptor does not capture the flash.
maybe adjust the bracket at an another angle to try....... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.