expressive sky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daden

Nov 24, 2005
Adam Rd, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Frenz,
How to make an expressive sky pics... in the landscape pics I usually saw the sky was veeeeeery blue... anybody care to share how? Is that by pure chance (good weather) or some cam setting or any special filter? Thanks! :)

Just shoot when the sky is blue. Anyway u can tune abit on ur Photoshop or trying using slide! Hehe

Polarizer can help to make th sky looks slightly more blue as well under some situation

daden said:
Frenz,
How to make an expressive sky pics... in the landscape pics I usually saw the sky was veeeeeery blue... anybody care to share how? Is that by pure chance (good weather) or some cam setting or any special filter? Thanks! :)

blue as in this?

reservoir5.jpg

i merely used a blue filter. more in http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1908775

ExplorerZ said:
Polarizer can help to make th sky looks slightly more blue as well under some situation
To be specific... for digital prosumer user?... is it the circular or linear?... coz I heard that the linear on is more suitable for D/SLR sensor/film... Thanks :)

it works both at night and in the day
alternatively you can get a 1A daylight filter

i think for blue sky..photoshop is best rather than a filter imo.
or simply -ev is possible.

daden said:
To be specific... for digital prosumer user?... is it the circular or linear?... coz I heard that the linear on is more suitable for D/SLR sensor/film... Thanks :)

I am using a circular polarizer, it works perfectly for my FZ10. :)

Thanks for all help... :) will get CPL soon... ;) Regarding cam setting itself... any suggestion for landscape shoot... like... how to focus and which metering mode is the best? particularly in FZ 20... Thanks a load!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.