exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazeppa26

Dec 28, 2005
was trying out exp compensation

seems that to under or over compensate, by adjusting the plus/minus EV, the camera does so by adjusting the shutter speed at a fixed aperture?

how does it work?

does it mean at fixed shutter speed it will compensate by adjusting app when u exp compensate?:dunno:

basically how does the camera compensate?

so how does the camera do it?
thats wad i am asking...
i know wads exp comp and it's uses....

mazeppa26 said:
so how does the camera do it?
thats wad i am asking...
i know wads exp comp and it's uses....
Read the manual. Depending on the mode it will behave differently. And it differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.

mazeppa26 said:
was trying out exp compensation

seems that to under or over compensate, by adjusting the plus/minus EV, the camera does so by adjusting the shutter speed at a fixed aperture?

how does it work?

does it mean at fixed shutter speed it will compensate by adjusting app when u exp compensate?:dunno:

basically how does the camera compensate?

It seems that you are using aperture priority for your exposure. Yes, it will adjust the shutter speed. If I am not wrong, goes the same to shutter priority, adjusting it will change the aperture. hmm.. I usually use full manual exposure, because I am also just as frustrated over the ev thing with AP or SP. Just read the meter. Oh, use matrix metering if you are in doubt of the exposure metering, it is quite clever if there isn't any unstable lighting conditions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.