exposure modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

leithunder

Dec 14, 2006
hey guys.. a little newbie.. was wondering wats the diff between Prog auto, manual and the rest. I want to have control over shutter spd and aperture, EC and etc... manual allows me control over these areas, wat abt prog auto and Ap priority and shutter priority?

Hi,
Auto means that all settings will be automated by the camera.
Shutter Priority means you set the shutter speed and the camera will adjust the aperture according to your selection.
Aperture Priority means you set the aperture stop and the camera will adjust the shutter speed according to your selection.
Both Shutter Priority & Aperture Priority are also known as semi-auto mode in some cases. If you want to have full control over the settings, use Manual mode. But I think most people use Aperture or Shutter Priority mode.

Hi,
Auto means that all settings will be automated by the camera.
Shutter Priority means you set the shutter speed and the camera will adjust the aperture according to your selection.
Aperture Priority means you set the aperture stop and the camera will adjust the shutter speed according to your selection.
Both Shutter Priority & Aperture Priority are also known as semi-auto mode in some cases. If you want to have full control over the settings, use Manual mode. But I think most people use Aperture or Shutter Priority mode.
thx and i have another Qs... in manual mode. does EV values matters? since i have complete control over aperture and shutter speed, does EC makes a diff?:)

thx and i have another Qs... in manual mode. does EV values matters? since i have complete control over aperture and shutter speed, does EC makes a diff?:)
Yes. In general, try to make the light meter pointer at the center. If the bar go to minus side, means your photo will be under exposure. If the bar go to plus side, means your photo will be over exposure.

Regards,
Arto.

program auto is simply auto mode. you dont think, just point and shoot

shutter priority and aperture priority - the names are self-explanatory

Status
Not open for further replies.