Exposure compensation and Aperture/Shttuer settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember our eyes see things in perpetual continuty like a video but camera captures collective light in oics over a variable duration. To the camera,it's jus a circle and its eventual tonal intensity is quite variably dependent on the proportion it and the overall exposure set will affect it. Any brighter in life can eventually ends up darker in the final pic if the shutrter duration is short OR bright if the shutter duration is long.

Thats where the Exposure compensation comes in where we need to tell the camera what to do by our manual judgement in which we deem to be too dark or bright..

Like wad Luna_sea says : Exposure Compensation is mainly used in P,A and S mode and it's adjustable after exposure calculate based on ur metering modes..

Hope the above helps

Cheers

Very cheeem, but i dun think it is very correct! and i dun think it helps TS queries much.

i still have a lot of "odd" question though ><

1. the EV in handphone's camera is also to adjust the brightness of picture
is it change the aperture/shutter/ISO stuffs?

2. in M Mode, lets say adjusting EV from -5 to +5, the picture taken is the same
but use the flash, it is totally different. Since the setting and flash compensation
not changed, so what is the reason ?? u can try also

btw , i remember some website say that adding EV is forcely make the sensor to absort more light without changing the setting,
true or not?

i still have a lot of "odd" question though ><

1. the EV in handphone's camera is also to adjust the brightness of picture
is it change the aperture/shutter/ISO stuffs?
does handphone's camera has adjustable aperture/shutter/ISO? most likely is just let you digitally override the post processing image.

2. in M Mode, lets say adjusting EV from -5 to +5, the picture taken is the same
but use the flash, it is totally different. Since the setting and flash compensation
not changed, so what is the reason ?? u can try also
1st thing, using Exposure Compensation with alter the way camera metering a scene, in A, S and P mode, camera will expose the scene according to camera meter, so you will see the results.

On Nikon cameras, you can set Exposure Compensation on all the exposure modes, when you set Exposure Compensation on manual mode, the camera metering will bias towards what you set on +EV or -EV. if you did not follow what the camera metering recommendation on Manual Mode, +EV or -EV does nothing except metering.

When you using flash on TTL mode, the flash read the light thru the lens, so will response according to the camera meter, hence setting Exposure Compensation on camera body will alter how the flash expose the scene.
btw , i remember some website say that adding EV is forcely make the sensor to absort more light without changing the setting,
true or not?
if you open up the aperture wide, open the shutter longer, or dial the ISO higher, all can consider "forcely make the sensor to absorb more light",
but "without changing the setting" you need to install more lights, or using more flash lights or make the sun brighter. or alter the camera..

When you using flash on TTL mode, the flash read the light thru the lens, so will response according to the camera meter, hence setting Exposure Compensation on camera body will alter how the flash expose the scene.

really appreciate for ur answers :)

so that means in M mode, we can change the flash result by changing not only flash compensation but also exposure compensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.