Exposure bracketing on the F828

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d2

Jun 28, 2002
Beijing, Shuangjing
art2d2.zenfolio.com
Hi fellow F828 users (Jedi Apprentice, Padawan, Master etc.) , just like to check with you guys have you tried the 3 frames exposure bracketing feature ? Its suppose to take 3 shots, one is -Ev, one is +Ev and one is normal exposure. Only recently I tried it and I found out something. The problem I'm facing is that out of the 3 shots, 2 shots are normal exposure and one shot is +Ev. I have tried different +/- EV settings and it still give me the same result.

Is there something wrong with my unit ? Any comments ?

Depending on what you're shooting and its lighting, sometimes its difference between the normal and "-" images are quite similar. Try something different.

did you check the exif info? to see if it was really a fault with the camera, that 2 shots were shot with no ev compensation instead of the usual one + and one -

art2d2 said:
Hi fellow F828 users (Jedi Apprentice, Padawan, Master etc.) , just like to check with you guys have you tried the 3 frames exposure bracketing feature ? Its suppose to take 3 shots, one is -Ev, one is +Ev and one is normal exposure. Only recently I tried it and I found out something. The problem I'm facing is that out of the 3 shots, 2 shots are normal exposure and one shot is +Ev. I have tried different +/- EV settings and it still give me the same result.

Is there something wrong with my unit ? Any comments ?

I believe its the limit of the camera not to shoot slower than 1/30 or 1/25 is bracket mode. Hence you will have 2 exposures at 1/30 or 1/25 if i'm not wrong.

I believe its the limit of the camera not to shoot slower than 1/30 or 1/25 is bracket mode. Hence you will have 2 exposures at 1/30 or 1/25 if i'm not wrong.

i think it's due to camera limit too. However, art2d2 said he has 2 normal ev and 1 +ev, which means that he didn't get the one with lower exposure, ie faster shutter? pls correct me if i'm mistaken. i'm far from an expert.

JaGr said:

Thanks for all who replied. I believe JaGr is right. There is a limitation to this. Try setting to program mode and the exposure around 1/30 sec. Try shooting the 3 shots bracket, my results is 2 shots normal and 1 shot -Ev. But I tried Manual mode, its ok. Hmm... oh well..no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.