Exposure bracketing on the F828

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d2

Jun 28, 2002
Beijing, Shuangjing
art2d2.zenfolio.com
Hi fellow F828 users (Jedi Apprentice, Padawan, Master etc.) , just like to check with you guys have you tried the 3 frames exposure bracketing feature ? Its suppose to take 3 shots, one is -Ev, one is +Ev and one is normal exposure. Only recently I tried it and I found out something. The problem I'm facing is that out of the 3 shots, 2 shots are normal exposure and one shot is +Ev. I have tried different +/- EV settings and it still give me the same result.

Is there something wrong with my unit ? Any comments ?

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
Depending on what you're shooting and its lighting, sometimes its difference between the normal and "-" images are quite similar. Try something different.

ricleo

Mar 13, 2004
Eastern Singapore
did you check the exif info? to see if it was really a fault with the camera, that 2 shots were shot with no ev compensation instead of the usual one + and one -

JaGr

Apr 2, 2002
www.sc-speedracer.com
art2d2 said:
Hi fellow F828 users (Jedi Apprentice, Padawan, Master etc.) , just like to check with you guys have you tried the 3 frames exposure bracketing feature ? Its suppose to take 3 shots, one is -Ev, one is +Ev and one is normal exposure. Only recently I tried it and I found out something. The problem I'm facing is that out of the 3 shots, 2 shots are normal exposure and one shot is +Ev. I have tried different +/- EV settings and it still give me the same result.

Is there something wrong with my unit ? Any comments ?
I believe its the limit of the camera not to shoot slower than 1/30 or 1/25 is bracket mode. Hence you will have 2 exposures at 1/30 or 1/25 if i'm not wrong.

frcfyp

Feb 12, 2004
I believe its the limit of the camera not to shoot slower than 1/30 or 1/25 is bracket mode. Hence you will have 2 exposures at 1/30 or 1/25 if i'm not wrong.
i think it's due to camera limit too. However, art2d2 said he has 2 normal ev and 1 +ev, which means that he didn't get the one with lower exposure, ie faster shutter? pls correct me if i'm mistaken. i'm far from an expert.

art2d2

Jun 28, 2002
Beijing, Shuangjing
art2d2.zenfolio.com
JaGr said:
Thanks for all who replied. I believe JaGr is right. There is a limitation to this. Try setting to program mode and the exposure around 1/30 sec. Try shooting the 3 shots bracket, my results is 2 shots normal and 1 shot -Ev. But I tried Manual mode, its ok. Hmm... oh well..no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.