expodisc/expocap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
what's the difference between the 2?

and does the $250 for the 77mm expodisc justify the price?
wont it be 'troublesome' to take a reading everytime before you fire?
cos diff lightings(shade and sun) i have to retake the scene?

and if it's useful, how come i did a search, already found a few people selling/sold it?

please share.

I don't own it... but (taking a que from somewhere...)...

this expodisc thinggy:-

Overated = NO. It is useful.

but Overpriced = YES.

and if it's useful, how come i did a search, already found a few people selling/sold it?

please share.

I don't own it... but (taking a que from somewhere...)...

this expodisc thinggy:-

Overated = NO. It is useful.

but Overpriced = YES.

ya boy.$250 for a piece of ....
cant bite the bullet and get it.
convince me please!

There a few things u can use...the white or greyish translucent material.....example
flash disffuser....big gulp's cover....the rear cap (white)of yr lens...the cover cap from the pringle(?)

please share.

Use expoamigo. Cheap and good:thumbsup:

Some people recommend a 18% gray card, but I don't know how to use it.

preset the wb against the grey card under the light source u going to shoot.

please share.

the disc is not tt diff to use but troublesome.

u have to preset wb where light falls on the subject matter.
its ok if the subject matter is stationery, and i think not suitable for moving object.
its ok if the subject matter is a short dist away.
the result is quite stunning but the work flow involved is quite *ahem* lejay.
and yes, if the lighting condition change, u have to "re-preset the wb.

i had seen one shot taken at a swimming competition whereby the lighting condition was challenging as the water reflects light. the guy actually went down to the pool edge to preset the wb.

my 0.02 cents input.

Hmmm... I sell you a DIY one for $50? :bsmilie:

Seriously, I'm quite neutral over this. Tried it and find that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... But the price is seriously not worth it though...

please share.
i'm using expodisc (77mm and 67mm(kept in storeroom liao)). very useful for my D70 in terms of white balancing (pretty accurate). however, since using the D200, i'm switching to Kelvin reading which gives me more control over expodisc.

for the price of 250 (expodisc), well, its overpriced but i feel its worth it... i'm still using it for my D70.

i'm using expodisc (77mm and 67mm(kept in storeroom liao)). very useful for my D70 in terms of white balancing (pretty accurate). however, since using the D200, i'm switching to Kelvin reading which gives me more control over expodisc.

for the price of 250 (expodisc), well, its overpriced but i feel its worth it... i'm still using it for my D70.

d200 can set kelvin readings?sorry.me havent fiddle with it yet.

Yup D200 can set Colour Temperature on the WB. If you shoot RAW most of the tiime why not try WhiBal, shoot first and set WB at your later or set WB first and then shoot away, it is simple to change WB in Adobe Bridge.

../azul123

Yup D200 can set Colour Temperature on the WB. If you shoot RAW most of the tiime why not try WhiBal, shoot first and set WB at your later or set WB first and then shoot away, it is simple to change WB in Adobe Bridge.
../azul123

explain pls.catch no bola.:dunno:

Cover the lens fully with the card?
nope
for it to work the lightsource have to be on the card itself..or on the specific spot where it fall on
if the lightsource is on u...place or just hold the card on one hand and preset yr camera against it on the other hand.
if it at a specific location place the card at that location and preset from there...(damn leceh)

if using expo disc or diyed just covered the lens fully with the expodisc/ or the makeshift wb u just need to preset it against the light source.

Can consider the zerocs wb filter (which you can get from SLCC in the mass order forum), for a cheaper alternative to the expodisc which I think is just as good. Using it now and find it quite useful, especially for indoor lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.