EXPLOSION behind Bukit Panjang Petir Road block 163 Carpark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Just got back from an Explosion site just behind my place.

at about 2.25am, i heard a loud explosion and i ran to my window to take a look, and i saw thick black smoke rising from the carpark. this 1st explosion triggered another what sounded like 5-7 more explosions. Anyone else around the area heard or saw?

I didnt shoot any photos as my first instinct was to run down and see if there was anything i could help with. Probably post some after damage photos tml when the situation is more cleared up.

Right now the fire brigade has put the fire out and are determining the cause of explosion.

A sideline info from the security personnel at my place was that another guard's motorcycle and his neighbour's car have also gone up in flames. So its beginning to be suspicious that it may be a sabotage.:bigeyes:

Have you called stomp?

haha. nah. first thing on my mine was call police and see if there was anyone who needed help.:bsmilie:

haha. nah. first thing on my mine was call police and see if there was anyone who needed help.:bsmilie:

Nono. Procedure is to call Stomp, Straits Times, Today, My Paper, Zao Bao, AND THEN call police. :sweatsm::sweatsm:

Nono. Procedure is to call Stomp, Straits Times, Today, My Paper, Zao Bao, AND THEN call police. :sweatsm::sweatsm:

:bsmilie: i learn sth new everyday.

Have a friend living there. Why are you typing here for? Go snap some pics! :bsmilie:

LOL shag liao. when i got there the fire brigade had limited people. cos only one fire truck was there. They were having problems trying to yank the hoses up and between the stairwell of the carpark and NO ONE WAS HELPING! So i was more busy yanking at the flacid hoses and shouting more then thinking about photos. :bsmilie:

LOL shag liao. when i got there the fire brigade had limited people. cos only one fire truck was there. They were having problems trying to yank the hoses up and between the stairwell of the carpark and NO ONE WAS HELPING! So i was more busy yanking at the flacid hoses and shouting more then thinking about photos. :bsmilie:

Ppl probably are waiting to be told and to be asked to help out, before it even dawn to them that some assistance is needed, thats SG, lol. Wonder what the explosion is about, couldn't be an organized group, waste of time targeting neighbourhoods... let's wait for the news.

NPNT!

IIRC, there is a fire post located at nearby Pending Road. So maybe they rushed there with limited ppl in a lone truck while waiting for backup? :)

hmmm one of those that need photos to believe? hehe

IIRC, there is a fire post located at nearby Pending Road. So maybe they rushed there with limited ppl in a lone truck while waiting for backup? :)

Not sure about that. but only one truck was there the whole time.

just got back from the site.

The smell of burnt rubber and metal was still amazingly strong with some heat still resonating a little from charred the ground and ceiling. was eves dropping on some of the residents staying from the opposite block. The first explosion started at about 2.30am in the morning. this was followed by another at least 13-15 more multiple explosions. The fire was mainly contained within the 2nd floor of the multi story carpark where the motorcycles parked. Some had started speculating that it had stared from 3 bikes parked at the corner of the bike parking area. So is this yet another case of sabotage?

1of13.jpg

2of13.jpg

7of13.jpg

9of13.jpg

The 3 bikes where the fire supposedly started from.

12of13.jpg

3of13.jpg

4of13.jpg

6of13.jpg

8of13.jpg

10of13.jpg

WOW!! Good pics of the wreckage. Quite scary. Wonder if its sabotage (or self sabotage). These days with economic problems, wonder if we will see more properties on fire (for insurance)

OWNAGE! o.0

eh?:bsmilie:

WOW!! Good pics of the wreckage. Quite scary. Wonder if its sabotage (or self sabotage). These days with economic problems, wonder if we will see more properties on fire (for insurance)

hahaha i dunno also man. wonder what the papers will say. :think:

Come out on stomp liao.
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=37733#

Last edited:
Ouch.... :sweat:

Can't imagine the anguish of the owners...

hmmm... maybe the bikes went Spontaneous Combustion :bigeyes:

But that only happens to people... haha

i know lah... i was just putting some jest in this. maybe the world is turning upside down and anything can combust spontaneously :think:

anyway, am curious to know what really happened back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.